AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

New landing page questions about tags?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, everyone

I'm running several campaigns (Search network, Remarketing, Dynamic remarketing and PLA). We are curently working on a new landing page for our campaigns and I was wondering how should I proceed with the tags? Should I add new tags on the new landing page? I've also set up conversion tracking. Should I add all the tags (remarketing, dynamic remarketind and conversion tarcking code) to the new landing page or as I have them already on the website there is no need?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New landing page questions about tags?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Vasilena,

1] No need to add both the remarketing codes. Just add your Dynamic Re-marketing code on all the pages of the website i.e The tag must be implemented on all pages (added just before </body> tag) of your website. This will do the work as your website is an Ecommerce.

Refer to this link for more info on how to add the code.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3103357?hl=en

2]  Add your Conversion Tracking Code only on Purchase thank-you page under body tag. As its an Ecommerce store i would suggest you to add Dynamic Conversion tracking code rather than just adding the simple tracking code only if your product value is not constant.This will help you track actual value of the conversions.

Here is the link for further help.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054#values

My Two Cents!

Thanks,
Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

Re: New landing page questions about tags?

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

For a typical e-commerce site, you really only need 2 tags:

• A single remarketing tag with custom parameters (ecomm_prodid, etc...) so that it can be used for dynamic remarketing, placed on all pages of your site (it's recommended to pplace it in the footer). That single tag can be used for Remarketing List for Search Ads, static remarketing and dynamic remarketing.
  • A conversion tracking tag, placed on the purchase confirmation page, optionally passing the conversion value for reporting purposes and to allow you to use the target ROAS bidding feature. In certain cases, you might be interested in tracking other events as conversions (account creation, newsletter signup, etc...), you would need different conversion tracking tags for each of these.