AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

New campaign or new ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it better to start a new campaign or use different ads in the same one? I have a construction website that shows all of the services I offer, so should I have a designated campaign for each service, or make different ads for the same campaign, with a more general title?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: New campaign or new ad?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HI Gabe,

There are many ways you can go about this but from a quick glance, I would assume that your location and targeting settings would be uniform for all of your services.  Based on this, you can have one campaign with an ad group for each service.  This way you can serve ads that are more specific to the services you offer and use the individual service pages as your landing pages.  IMO, it's always better to break things apart by category/service for the sake of relevancy and accuracy.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Gabe

I always prefer to make the AdWords structure resemble the website as much as possible. So if you have different areas for your services - one place for building, one place for counseling and so on I would make a campaign for each of these areas. And in each of these campaigns you should create different ad groups that covers the whole area.

By splitting it up into many campaings instead of keeping it in one (with many ad groups) is that you can allocate money (daily spend limits) to the campaigns/areas which are most important for your business as well as the areas that are performing best. Furthermore it gives you a quick and good overlook over the performance of each of the areas.

/Jonas

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HI Gabe,

There are many ways you can go about this but from a quick glance, I would assume that your location and targeting settings would be uniform for all of your services.  Based on this, you can have one campaign with an ad group for each service.  This way you can serve ads that are more specific to the services you offer and use the individual service pages as your landing pages.  IMO, it's always better to break things apart by category/service for the sake of relevancy and accuracy.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Gabe

I always prefer to make the AdWords structure resemble the website as much as possible. So if you have different areas for your services - one place for building, one place for counseling and so on I would make a campaign for each of these areas. And in each of these campaigns you should create different ad groups that covers the whole area.

By splitting it up into many campaings instead of keeping it in one (with many ad groups) is that you can allocate money (daily spend limits) to the campaigns/areas which are most important for your business as well as the areas that are performing best. Furthermore it gives you a quick and good overlook over the performance of each of the areas.

/Jonas

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

My recommencdation woud be to keep it as simple as possible.

Even if you do target different locations I would start off with one campaign. if you advertise for you brand/name than this is totally fine.

the moment you see traffic increasing over a certain level (I typically choose 100 impressions a day) AND your CTR is too low I would first consider splitting up my adgroup into different adgroups and then split up the campaign in many campaigns.

Personally I do like to test the response on adwords beforehand. Just remember not to be too generic from the start, cause this would lead to a wrong impression on what adwords can do for you.

So you should not bid on generic terms like "construction", include your company name most of the time and at least include all the buisnesses you are active in and put negative keywords out for buisnesses you are not active in.

This minimal campaign setup will take you an hour max, and then you can optimize on present data and not in the blue.