AdWords
6.9K members online now
6.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

New Shared Budgets Available - I have a few questions...

Top Contributor Alumni
# 1
Top Contributor Alumni

Now that the AdWords shared budget has been launched we need to see where this could benefit us when managing our accounts.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of information available at the moment but we have some details on the AdWords blog & AdWords Help

What I'd like to know is, how does it decide when to allocate additional budget to another campaign that is included in a shared budget?

Lets say I have campaigns daily budgets set at $50, $25, $15 & $10 included in a shared budget of $100.

At what point would it measure the cost data and how does it allocate the budget to other campaigns.

What I suppose I am really asking is, why have a shared budget like this when you can have these all in one campaign using multiple AdGroups, apart from the fact the stats will be kept separate?

I can see how this could help smaller spending account that maybe have a $10-$20 daily shared budget with 4-5 campaigns as it would help them get the most out of their account.

Anyone else have any ideas or input on the new shared budgets?

Re: New Shared Budgets Available - I have a few questions...

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Great questions!

I wonder how quickly it will effect my campaign when I put it under or remove it from "shared budget". Same minute? Next day?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I am curious to try this. I only have two campaigns at the moment, but one routinely does not spend it's entire budget and the other one does. I have wished for a way to funnel the unused budget from one to the other. This seems like this new feature could accomplish just that.

Also, I currently have two adgroups in one campaign. One for exact match only and the other for phrase match and the one modified broad match keyword I'm using. I set this up so that all of these keywords could share the same campaign budget, but there are times when I'd like to modify the delivery of one adgroup only. Currently I can't do that because all settings are campaign-wide. Now I have the option of separating them into two campaigns and still share the same budget.

Seems like a good option, so I'll experiment with it. My budget is quite small, by the way. This feature does seem to be more helpful for little guys like me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just tried this out and have some questions, for example:

• how does this impact impression share calculations (like "limited by budget", etc.)
  • when does it kick in? i might be concerned if a budget was shared between a fast campaign (fast as in, a campaign that racks up impressions, clicks and cost at a very fast rate) and some slower ones. meaning, the faster campaigns would suck up all the budget quickly, leaving little or no budget for the slower moving campaigns.
  • How does it impact bidding options like "optimize for clicks" (doesn't that setting take into consideration your campaign budget?)

in general It would be nice to get more details on how exactly this thing works.

thanks.