AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

New Exact & Phrase Match Keyword Matching Settings

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Regarding the new keyword exact and phrase match settings that "include plurals, misspellings, and other close variants", are the following also included:

1. similar keywords in a different order i.e. designer wedding dress" vs. wedding designer dresses

2. Spaces i.e. plugins vs. plug ins

3. A combination of plurals and close variants i.e. plugin vs. plug ins

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: New Exact & Phrase Match Keyword Matching Settings

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Davidcorman,

I think new settings doesn't change the order of keyword.

This is Wrong (I think) : Similar keywords in a different order i.e. designer wedding dress" vs. wedding designer dresses. As the new keywords is for Phrase & Exact Match type. So Order remains same.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2537522

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Davidcorman,

I think new settings doesn't change the order of keyword.

This is Wrong (I think) : Similar keywords in a different order i.e. designer wedding dress" vs. wedding designer dresses. As the new keywords is for Phrase & Exact Match type. So Order remains same.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2537522

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Davidcorman,

As a Google says" With exact and phrase matching, your ads can show for close variants of your exact match and phrase match keywords. Close variants include misspellings, singular and plural forms, acronyms, stemmings (such as floor and flooring), abbreviations, and accents. We won't show your ads for synonyms of your exact match and phrase match keywords.

For example, if you have the exact match keyword designer wedding dress, we might show your ad when customers search for designer wedding dresses."

Thanks
Anchal

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

We cannot discount the fact that a certain percentage of searchers whether organic or paid, is searching with

*a missing letter/s

* additional letter or words

*acronym

*stemming 

*singular/plural

or even an

*alternative close version of keywords

Google AdWords Interface arrive with this enhance feature but you can still opt out (if you are more comfortable the "old school" of brainstorming such variants).

More Power,
Loraine

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi there, 

So with the new setting, your ad could trigger with spaces and plurals added (ie - for the keyword "plug in" the term "plug ins" could trigger the ad), but the ad should not trigger if the order of the words is different (ie - "in plugs"). 

Hope this helps!

A. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Word Order Stays In Order!

Smiley Very Happy

More Power,
Loraine

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆