AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

New Device targeting for Mobile App Install Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Adwords Community,

recently Inside Adwords shot an email saying we can use remarketing lists to target new device owners. I didnt find how to create this audience on Adwords though. Is this list automatically created once we link the Google Play Store to Google Adwords? If not, how do we create such an Audience?

thanks for helping.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roger M
November 2015

Re: New Device targeting for Mobile App Install Campaigns

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Roger, how are things?

Check this out: "New mobile devices: Show ads to people who have recently activated phones and could be interested in adding new apps. You can choose this option under interest categories, and select the number of days since the device was activated, from a week up to 3 months."

This is part of the article below that I think covers everything you need under "On Display Network"
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6032059?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roger M
November 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Roger, how are things?

Check this out: "New mobile devices: Show ads to people who have recently activated phones and could be interested in adding new apps. You can choose this option under interest categories, and select the number of days since the device was activated, from a week up to 3 months."

This is part of the article below that I think covers everything you need under "On Display Network"
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6032059?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Roger M;

I'm familiar with the option Leonardo mentioned. Not familiar with a re-marketing option to new device;

Can you link the article?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello @MosheTLV Google mentioned it at an email. I might have not expressed myself very well, I assume it was a remarketing option, since they didnt mention it was only for display campaigns. Here is what they sent:

"3. Get Your App on New Phones
Customers personalize their new phones around the holidays. These happy new phone owners will be looking to personalize their gift by installing new apps after unwrapping, and New Device Targeting will allow you to reach them during these exciting moments. Use this easy and quick targeting option in your AdWords app install campaigns within the 'Interest & remarketing' section, adjust your bids based on the value of those users and see your user base grow."

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Roger M;

What they mean is interest based targeting not remarketing. I agree that the title, which  put these two targeting methods, under the same "umbrella" of targeting methods -could be a bit confusing.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’