AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Negatives in Adwords Editor 11

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So I select the ad group I wish to add multiple negative KWs too.

Yeah I select make multiple changes, I then have to select the ad group from a list that shows my entire account.

How can the system not recognise I am in this 1 particular group and intuitively select that group? This extra process of selecting the ad group is a waste of my time and bring no benefit.

Can this be resolved in 11.3

I really hope it does, because it's such a simple yet time saving requirement.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Negatives in Adwords Editor 11

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Amish, you can add negatives going to "Keywords,Negative" and clicking "add negative keyword".

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I understand this, the issue is adding multiple negative KWs.

I want to add 5 negatives KWs in 1 ad group, in the old editor, If I am in the ad group, I select make multiple changes and it gives me the option to add the negatives to THAT GROUP.

NOW, I have to find that ad group and select it then input the column parameters then add them in.

It's just not as efficient, really think Google needs to look into this.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Amish,

Have you tried uploading the negatives using a spreasheet?

You just have to create the sheet with the columns names as Campaign, Adgroup, Keyword(negative) and then Matchtype. Once this is ready, just go to the keywords tab, then the Negatives tab, select 'Make Multiple Changes', copy paste the spreadsheet in the dialogue box that opens up, make sure the column names at the top are correct and then hit 'Process'.

Do give this method a try and it should work for you. It does for me!

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"