AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Negative Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

I noticed last wek that some of my keywords were not triggering my ads due to some negative keywords I had in the list. I went and deleted these negative keywords from the list but they are still not triggering the ads.

Any ideas on what i can do?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RBall (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Negative Keywords

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi tmacl,

Welcome to the community! 

If your ads are still not showing and you're not sure why, I'd recommend using the Ad Preview and Diagnosis Tool. This will let you know a reason why your ads are not showing and you can then work from there to resolve the issue. 

If the Ad Preview Tool is still saying that negative keywords are causing a problem with your ads not showing, I would recommend checking that you have no negative keywords at both the ad group level and campaign level that could be causing the problem. I'd also check if you have any Negative Keyword Lists, as this could also be another place where a negative keyword could be holding back your ad. 

Hope that helps!

A. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RBall (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi tmacl,

Welcome to the community! 

If your ads are still not showing and you're not sure why, I'd recommend using the Ad Preview and Diagnosis Tool. This will let you know a reason why your ads are not showing and you can then work from there to resolve the issue. 

If the Ad Preview Tool is still saying that negative keywords are causing a problem with your ads not showing, I would recommend checking that you have no negative keywords at both the ad group level and campaign level that could be causing the problem. I'd also check if you have any Negative Keyword Lists, as this could also be another place where a negative keyword could be holding back your ad. 

Hope that helps!

A. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Thanks i found it in the shared lists.

Donald

Google Employee
# 4