AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Need to upgrade from remarketing to dynamic remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
I have some doubts on implementing dynamic remarketing for my site.
My site already uses remarketing. Now my client wants to implement dynamic remarketing.
I am a ColdFusion developer, I do not have much knowledge on adwards.
I know I need to add this snipet of code to my common page header for all product pages and  pass dynamic productid, pagetype value.
<script type="text/javascript">
var google_tag_params = {
ecomm_prodid: '#productid#',
ecomm_pagetype: '#pagetype#',
ecomm_totalvalue: '#amount#'
};
</script>

Do I need any more steps to do as a developer? My client already having a marketing team who manages all these adword things

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need to upgrade from remarketing to dynamic remarketing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Deepak.
No, that is not all you need. You actually need a LOT more.

I suggest that you look at the documentation here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3103357?hl=en

It would be a really good idea if you understood exactly what Dynamic Remarketing actually was before starting this. It's challenging to get working (but worth it).

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I have gone through this documentation. But I am not sure what more I need to do as a developer .

I know extra steps like

1. Linking Google merchant account and adword account

2. Sending updated product feed are required.

The link you mentioned specifies how to send correct data with the tag. Could you please help me to understand the other steps?

Top Contributor
# 4

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Deepak.
There is a lot you need to do as a developer. The first thing you need to do is understand how this all works. This is a VERY broad area and this isn't just a "copy and paste code" job.

You need to get stuck in and learn everything you can about what this is and why you are doing it. If you thought that you just had to paste a small bit of code on your clients site, you are unfortunately wrong.

I've done two complete implementations of Dynamic Remarketing this month and it's extremely challenging and is custom to every setup.

I'd start with the links that @Celebird gave you and work from there. Right now, you're asking us too broad a question. It would be like asking a pilot to show you how to fly an Airbus. He can't just show you but he can point you in the direction of where you can learn more about planes etc. and to start your journey.

It's not that we don't want to answer, it's that the answer is too broad. But it IS contained in all the documentation that you were given.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot for your reply. I will go through the documentation first to get a complete idea regarding dynamic remarketing.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
That would be a good idea Smiley Happy
You will no doubt have more specific questions as you learn more. THESE we can help with.

Like in my analogy above, when you need to know why the engine wont start in the plane, we can help.