AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Need to know how to get an ad for a prescription drug to display "prescription treatment website"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Jeffrey is referencing a couple blogs making this claim about vanity URLs for Pharma campaigns: https://www.klick.com/health/news/blog/sem-media/goodbye-vanity-urls/ 

I also am having this problem with ad copy recieved that makes the assumption we will be able to replace the URL with "Prescription Treatment Website", however I cannot find documentation about this claim on the Adwords blog. That support article also does not include any reference to this.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Need to know how to get an ad for a prescription drug to display "prescription treatment website"

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Julia,

Please reference this information that covers prescription drugs and AdWords. Aside from that, you may need to contact AdWords Support for more info. Call 1-866-246-6453 Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST).

If you look towards the bottom, you will see: Apply for certification to advertise with Google. This does open up other specific abilities with AdWords that typically are not offered. 

Kind Regards,

James