AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Need to get many clicks on display ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi all,

apparently i cant display the ad on all sites in south africa, so what is the best way to get the most impressions and clicks , all i have to do is send the ad out to as many sites as possible, its an alcohol advert(display ad) , but they want everyone, not just sites with alcohol that is relevant ... they just want a certain number of clicks...which way or what can i do to get the most number of sites to display on possible...

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need to get many clicks on display ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi drewbmarketing,

Advertising alocohol is a sensitive part and there are country specific restrictions when you want to advertise this product. You have to be very careful while creating this ad and especially the image ad which you are talking about because in case of a minor mistake, your ad will get disapprove straight away.

I would like you to read this policy first so that you don't set any wrong expectations about getting a lot of traffic out of this.

Hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes that is understood, i have read the policy, i am running a campagn for a company and all the want is a certain number of clicks per day

So what im asking is what is the best way to get this ad to as many sites and people possible, obviously will set it to South Africa and 18>....

Do i just type in random key words into the placement tool and just select thousands of sites?

or enter thousands of keywords and leave placements empty?

I want as many people as possible to see this advert , as they are not worried about targeting, their target is South Africa, 18 and over, ALL kinds of people... So what can i do? 

Thank you in advance

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again,

Ok....To search for the placements, you can use the Placement tool inside Tools and Analysis. Here you can enter a word, or website or the category to look for various options of placements, This tool will also guide you which placements support which format of ads like text ads, image ads, video ads etc... along with other metrics. You can refer to this article for more insights.

You also have a contextual targeting tool which can group the keywords in ad groups for you and then you can decide to implement them inside your campaign. Look at this reference for details.

You can include keywords and placements both within the same campaign in order to get more exposure for your ads.

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@drewbmarketing;

You asked the same question yesterday. No need to open a new discussion

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads-manage-account/Help-Please/m-p/52748#M4800

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Anybody can get a million impressions in no time, but that is futile.  Your client may not care where their ad displays, but you should.  Take a moment to determine the relevant keywords for the ad, then bid within your budget.  THAT will get you many clicks.  The Display Network will get many impressions, but negligible clicks. Take a moment to determine the relevant keywords for the ad, then bid within your budget.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes but i was wanting to know HOW to get the MOST clicks... using placements alone or key words alone, sorry, and thank you for the help

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello again drewbmarketing;

Use keywords (for contextual targeting) with broad reach ( on campaign setting) . This will give the broadest exposure, for your ads (based on contextual targeting)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’