AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Need to Pause Multiple Campaigns When Over Total Budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

I am looking for a solution which will monitor the total spend of multiple campaigns, and automatically pause them if they go over a certain monthly budget. 

I have been reading and found the following solution which seems exactly what I need, but I can't get it working; https://www.evernote.com/pub/narch2002002/adwordsscripts#st=p&n=5c812f1e-9107-4970-b1ac-b53580feb2ec

There are no notes with it, does it need some customisation or should it be ready to go as is?

I also read that using automated rules should work if you make one of the requirements a common label among the campaigns. But this didn't seem to work either. 

Any ideas?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Karl R

We do  typically  do not support or comment on 3rd party solutions  which are not by Google or endorsed by Google.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Need to Pause Multiple Campaigns When Over Total Budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Oh sorry, I didn't realize.

Do you know of a way to archieve this with Google's solutions?

Thanks!

Re: Need to Pause Multiple Campaigns When Over Total Budget

Eva Rising Star
Rising Star
# 4
Eva Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi @Karl R

You may try automated rules for to control your budgets and cost. It gives you the option to pause the campaigns that have spent a certain budget partway through the month.

"Though you can control a campaign's cost using its daily budget, you may also wish to limit its monthly spend. This can be approximated by using an automated rule that runs daily every morning and pauses any campaign that has spent, for example, $200 so far this month. You can do this by using a frequency of "Daily" and setting "using data from" to "Same month."

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497710?hl=en&authuser=0

adwords help.PNG

Regards,
Eva

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Eva, thanks for your reply. 

This will only control one campaign at a time won't it? I'm looking for a solution that controls overall account wide spend and pauses all campaign when it hits a certain level. 

Thanks, 
Karl

Eva Rising Star
Rising Star
# 6
Eva Rising Star
Rising Star

@Karl R

You can apply the rule to all your enabled campaigns. 

Regards,
Eva

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Eva, 

Yes you can, but then each campaign will only be paused when they individually reach the limit you define. 

I'm looking for a solution that will pause all campaigns in an account when their combined spend reaches a certain amount. 

Any idea on this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am looking for the same solution!