AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Need help for adgroup level extensions..

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have read in the adwords help that 'Sitelinks within the same campaign or ad group that direct to the same landing pages won't be able to show with your ad'. 

I have two different keywords for the sitelink but they are landing on same page. Will my keywords get disapproved or are they eligible to run??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need help for adgroup level extensions..

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Richa Agarwal,
Google don't allow two or more sitelinks in the same campaign or ad group to point to the same landing page or the same content.Google also don't allow sitelinks that direct to the same landing page as the ad's destination URL.
Read this Sitelink Policy,
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1054210?hl=en

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to ask if my ads are running on keyword based destination urls and if I have keywords running with different landing page in the same ad group then what should I keep in my mind before posting the sitelinks.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello RichaAgarwal,
Good account organization helps you make changes quickly, target your ads effectively, and, ultimately, reach more of your advertising goals. By creating well-structured campaigns by theme or product, you'll get more than just an account that's easy to manage and keep organized: you'll also have sets of ads and keywords that are directly related to each other, which helps improve your Quality Score.
A well-structured account consists of separate campaigns for each of your product lines, general themes, or types of services you offer. Each of those campaigns, in turn, consists of tightly themed ad groups that focus on one specific product, service, or theme. And each ad group should contain specific keyword lists that relate directly to the associated ad text.

Once you adwords themes are good you can make separate adgroup according to keywords and destination url will be different according to your adgroup. and you can add different destination in sitelink.

Hope it helps you.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi RichaAgarwal,

As I understand this, your keywords will still trigger your ad but sitelinks that link to the same page will not be displayed.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords