AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Need Help...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Adwords Community,

I'm Donny from Jakarta Indonesia.

I recently purchased google adwords starterpack from Gopher Indonesia (as in the one and only Google Certified Partner in Indonesia)

According to the contract they offer, this package entitled 50 keywords. But as 2 months goes by, the only keywords that appear in the ad, are about 5 or 6 keywords.

What I regret the most is that in one of the point of the contract it says that "Second  party (me) is allowing first party (gopher indonesia) to manage, optimize and that the second party can only suggest to first party about keywords. It will be taken as a suggestion only".

First month progress report they ever email me is click counter. They never mention anything about how many keywords appear and how many click/keywords.
Question :

1. Is this how google adwords works? or its Gopher Indonesia tricking customer into dropping their money and  fool them?

2. As an adwords customer are we allowed to choose our own keywords? Because according to Gopher Indonesia contract our keywords will only  be taken as a suggestion only (which means that it will most likely not appearing in google ad).

Donny Ariyono

http://www.rizor-maximizer.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need Help...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Donny,

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience.  Let me see if I can address some of your issues here and see if we can't help you out in some way.

"I recently purchased google adwords starter pack from Gopher Indonesia (as in the one and only Google Certified Partner in Indonesia)"

Yes indeed, Gopher Indonesia, a division/arm/sister company of Gopher out of NZ is indeed (what we call in the US) a Google Premier Partner.  I really have no business passing judgement on what they're doing as Google certinaly saw something good in them.  That said, there are some things here that baffle me and I would definitely question them futher if I were you.  My guess is that most of what you're seeing is a function of managing a significant volume of accounts. 

"According to the contract they offer, this package entitled 50 keywords. But as 2 months goes by, the only keywords that appear in the ad, are about 5 or 6 keywords."

I don't really understand why you'd be limited by keywords...when you say the only keywords that appear in the ad, do you mean the actual ad copy itself or do you mean the search terms that you/people may be using to find your business?  You may have 50 keywords but only a few ads.  I'm guessing you probabaly don't have any access or insight into your account at all either.

"What I regret the most is that in one of the point of the contract it says that "Second  party (me) is allowing first party (gopher indonesia) to manage, optimize and that the second party can only suggest to first party about keywords. It will be taken as a suggestion only"."

Who knows your business better than you do? That said, not all suggestions are created equal but without insight into the account, how do you know whether or not they're trying your keywords? Again, I imagine these are huge accounts and each company is probabaly one ad group.  However, I guess I can understand this type of language as listening to hundreds of business owners try to suggest how I should manage an account that I'm paid to manage could get tiresome, I'm always open to listen and more often than not will always test client suggestions.  

First month progress report they ever email me is click counter. They never mention anything about how many keywords appear and how many click/keywords.

A click counter?  What is that?  Do you see all your keyword cost and click data?  What other metrics do you get to see?

See...this kinda infuriates me...Google's own Third Party Policy and "Advertiser Guide: working with a third-party partner" documents warn people about and raise all the same issues you are. Transparency, documentation of spend allocation, insight into the account performance etc...  

Question :

1. Is this how google adwords works? or its Gopher Indonesia tricking customer into dropping their money and  fool them?

I don't want to say they're fooling you but this is not how AdWords works for everyone. If you had you're own account, you'd see everything and many agencies provide the same sort of transparency and access.

2. As an adwords customer are we allowed to choose our own keywords? Because according to Gopher Indonesia contract our keywords will only  be taken as a suggestion only (which means that it will most likely not appearing in google ad).

I'm sure what has happened here is you bought into some small version of what AdWords is capable of, a cookie-cutter account.  This may be what makes sense for some small businesses due to budget constraints etc...but it may not be worth it if you're unable to have input into your account.  

I guess what I would suggest is to see what your contract entitles you to and see if you're getting your money's worth.  If not, get your questions in order and challenge them a little bit.  If all else fails, see what is involved in cancelling and take some time to learn and then run your own account.

What are your goals? Do you track conversions? How can you track and quantify success of your AdWords account?   

If you can't answer these questions and if they're not providing you insight into this type of data...maybe it's time to ask yourself what are you spending your money on exactly?

Sorry if this sounds like mostly a rant...it kind of is.  Smiley Happy  This isn't the first time I've heard this story unfortunately.  

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Keywords that I mention is a search result using google.co.id. Click counter and budget spent ongoing month is the only report. How do I open my own adword account?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Donny,

this is the trouble working with this premium partners. Same here in Croatia. My advise is:

a) wait until the contract is over and hand your account to a Gogole AdWords partner agency or
b)learn the basics of AdWords and run your account yourself.

A really great number of our clients were very unhappy with the country premium partner because you are like a small package.
They define 20 KW and 2 ads - this should improve your bussines? Hardly!

For creaing an account:

Type in Google 'AdWords' and create your own account - but please read before the help center articles:
campaign settings: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404245?hl=en
ad writing: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/7-Tips-on-How-to-Write-Compelling-and-Effe...
Keywords match types: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en