AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Mystery ads showing for my account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Perhaps you can clear up a mystery for me. I currently run campaigns for two related websites with related services. For one of the websites I set up a campaign some time ago as a trial and subsequently shut it down. This is well over  a year ago now. Currently on certain search terms the following advert for my site shows up:

Quality Low Cost Oak

www.oak-beams.com/LowCostOak
Oak Beams For The Building Trade

Get A Unbeatable Quote Now!

The mystery is this ad does not appear anywhere in my account and I have closed down all ads related to this site now. So why is it still showing?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mystery ads showing for my account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Oakmasters,

Are you sure that particular ad variation hasn't been included into a second campaign by accident? The other but unlikely possibility is that someone is running an ad for you within their own AdWords campaign, do you recognise or remember making that ad?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have scoured the account and can't find that ad anywhere. I took the account over from someone else who had been managing it who I assume created that ad - but it doesn't seem to exist anywhere else in the account. I guess as you say the only explanation is that it is being run under another account but I can't seem to trace where. Might there be a way of tracing it?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ah, well the fact that someone had managed it in the past increases the possibility of it being the second suggestion then. From my experience you won't be able to trace the source of the other account if that's really the case; in the meantime just to be certain have you tried using the search function within AdWords Editor while under the Ads tab of the whole campaign?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.