AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

My ads do not show on my iPad browser - they say NO FLASH PLAYER FOUND!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created my adwords ads, and they works perfectly fine on Safari browser on my Mac Mini. 

But when I open the same ads preview generated link on Safari on the iPad they do not show up, I only see a white empy box with the message "NO FLASH PLAYER FOUND".

And this is very bad, because I'm advertising an iOS App, and people with iPads and iPhones are my only target.

I used one of the default animated image ads, just changed the text. Why it doesn't use HTML5 on the iPad? Mobile devices do not use flash, but HTML5. Google itself developed a tool called "Swiffy" to convert flash to HtML5 on the fly. Why it doesn't use it?

Do I need to convert the ads with swiffy manually by myself? And how? I cannot download the original flash source files from the image ads editor!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Emanuele

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My ads do not show on my iPad browser - they say NO FLASH PLAYER FOUND!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Emanuele; welcome

Well.... This goes back to the history of Flash and Apple; Since the days of Steve Jobs,  Apple does not support Flash on mobile devices. 

In 2010 Steve Jobs said:

"Flash was created during the PC era--for PCs and mice...New open standards created in the mobile era, such as HTML5, will win on mobile devices (and PCs too). Perhaps Adobe should focus more on creating great HTML5 tools for the future, and less on criticizing Apple for leaving the past behind.... Flash is the No. 1 reason Macs crash,"

Apple does not support Flash on mobile devices...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What can I do then? What are the options?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Web designers I know, use "swiffy"

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’