AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

My ads appear only in a specific country's search engine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am living in Korea but my business is not specific for Korea, and I am trying to get customers from all over the world. So when I chose the settings for the ad, I did not specify any location, and just chose worldwide, as I want my Google Ad to appear in Google.com when someone types the keyword. 

However, when I have been checking to see whether my ads show up when someone does a keyword search using my keywords, my ads do not appear on Google.com Search although the keywords are listed as "Eligible". I think "eligible" means they will appear on the first page. 

However, one keyword shows up when I check google.co.kr. 

This is useless to me as Koreans use Naver.com. 

I am already advertising with naver.com and want to advertise to get clients elsewhere as my clientele will be from anywhere from the world. 

I have checked my settings for the campaign and they are for worldwide, not for any specific location. 

What can I do about this? 

I have contacted Google by email just now but wonder if anyone else has had the same experience? 

Also, I have just finished the website, do I have to submit it to google? Or it won't matter because I am doing AdWords? 

I read that after submitting it, it takes some time - about a month - for Google to accept it or something. Will that affect my AdWords campaign? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rosiel (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: My ads appear only in a specific country's search engine

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello honeybearbunny;

Google.com  sets the language NOT the geographic targeting.

Please read  about geographic and language targeting  and set your campaigns accordingly:

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

In addition to what Moshe said above, I would like to add about how you actually target your geographical regions inside Adwords campaigns.

I don't think that targeting all world inside one campaign will give you good exposure. Rather you might first look at the geographical report from the Dimensions Tab and then see which regions are more beneficial in terms of ROI. Based on that I would suggest creating separate campaign for separate regions. You might want to read this thread which explains the same.

Additionally, I won't recommend checking your ads on live Google search. It will degrade your own metrics like impressions, CTR etc... There is Ad Preview and diagnosis tool available for the advertisers, which works the same way. So, use it.

I think in the last you are talking about submitting website to Google's webmaster tool. That's a separate area from Adwords and I would suggest posting about this in Google webmaster forum for more insights. This is the link to that forum.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello honeybearbunny;

Google.com  sets the language NOT the geographic targeting.

Please read  about geographic and language targeting  and set your campaigns accordingly:

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

In addition to what Moshe said above, I would like to add about how you actually target your geographical regions inside Adwords campaigns.

I don't think that targeting all world inside one campaign will give you good exposure. Rather you might first look at the geographical report from the Dimensions Tab and then see which regions are more beneficial in terms of ROI. Based on that I would suggest creating separate campaign for separate regions. You might want to read this thread which explains the same.

Additionally, I won't recommend checking your ads on live Google search. It will degrade your own metrics like impressions, CTR etc... There is Ad Preview and diagnosis tool available for the advertisers, which works the same way. So, use it.

I think in the last you are talking about submitting website to Google's webmaster tool. That's a separate area from Adwords and I would suggest posting about this in Google webmaster forum for more insights. This is the link to that forum.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got an email from Google and it's written in Korean! I don't understand a word of it. This is strange because I wrote the question in English. Does Google assume that because your location (IP address) is in Korea, you must be a Korean-speaker? This is difficult for me because I live in Korea but I don't speak Korean and my business caters to mostly English-speakers around the world. What can I do short of moving to an English-speaking country to get replies from Google in English? 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again;

As far as I know, emails from Google will be in the language of your AdWords User Interface.