AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

My ad on Google shopping says Free Shipping.Where does this come from?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've searched my shopping cart listings and my product feed. Nowhere does it say "Free Shipping." Yet, my ad on Google Shopping has Free Shiiping directly under the price on the right side of the results. Where does this come from?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My ad on Google shopping says Free Shipping.Where does this come f

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi vigilant,

Did you set up shipping and tax in your GMC account?

Did you provide weight data in your feed, or did you setup a flat fee for shipping?

If you set up a flat fee, was it greater than 0?

It looks like that "Free Shipping" happens when you have a flat fee of $0.00 for shipping. It looks like that's where mine came from.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Pete! I had an old "holiday discount" in the Google Merchant account. I deleted that, and the free shipping went away. One curious thing: When I sign in to Adwords and click on Tools, Google Merchant account, I get to a completely different dashboard that does not include a "settings" tab. I have to sign in, then go to "www.google.com/merchants" in order to see the dashboard I needed to see.

I appreciate your contribution and solution to my problem.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi vigilant,

Yes, that's a much different view when you go through AdWords. You can actually sort the products by different columns, and you can show just the items that have disapproved. It's much more useful in that sense..

I was looking at my AdGroup product ads yesterday after I posted here. On the ads tab, there will be your Product listing ad. You can add promotoinal text there. I have "Free Shipping" there, too.

Glad it worked out for you.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords