AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

My Remarketing Ads Aren't Displaying Properly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've now seen on 3 different machines and 2 different browsers that my animated remarketing display ads are getting stuck on the first 'slide'. I've called Google Ad support twice and was told both times that there is no issue with the ads or with the set up on their end and the second time I was told that the problem was with the end users browsing data. However, other ads displayed perfectly after refreshing the page - it was literally only my ad that had an issue.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with GIF animated ads? Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Cheers,

Josh

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Remarketing Ads Aren't Displaying Properly

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Josh.

What kind of ads are we talking about? Custom made animated GIFs or Dynamic Remarketing ads. Could you share one with us?
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Custom made animated gifs. Attached is the rectangle ad but I've also seen a skyscraper ad suffer the same issue.

shortlister_rectangle_24.06.14.gif

Josh

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi

Are u having any trouble viewing same image in other place than in remarketing campaign? For eg in earlier can u see it working perfectly? I've also using custom made animated ads for several campaigns and never came across this kind of issue earlier

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No the image displays just fine, I've only seen the issue in Ad spaces: once on Safari and twice in Chrome.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I see your ad loops indefinitely and it should stop after 30 seconds at most: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?hl=en

I don't know why it was not disapproved, but you may want to try and stop it at the last frame, resubmit it and see what happens.

Maybe the system detects the animation does not end and stops it at the first frame, though I've never heard of such a thing before.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well that sounds closer to an explanation than I've received so far - I will investigate that and if it turns out to be the case I will hit accept as solution. Cheers Adwiser.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having the same issue!! Did it work? Smiley Sad