AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

My Campagin shows status like limited by budget status !

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

My ad campaign shows a status like limited by budget instead of enable status?I don't want to increase my budget, but how can I remove this "limited by budget " status from my status itself.There is an option like bid automatically ,I don't want to biod automatically too.?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Campagin shows status like limited by budget status !

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anne,

There is no "disable" button for that message. As long as you have many keywords that may attract a lot of daily traffic and your budget cannot sustain all that traffic the message will be there.

You do not need to bid automatically, they want you to choose their "recommended budget".

This is a list of recommendations for your situation :

https://support.google.com/adwords/certification/answer/2375418?hl=en

The first one is

"Lower your bids for campaigns that are "limited by budget," potentially reducing the average cost per click."

However what they do not say here is that not all keywords are useful to you. You can activate Conversion tracking to see at least how many visitors use a keyword to reach a certain strategic page like the "Contact us" page. After you get to see this information it is far more easy to pause or delete keywords that do not bring you "conversions" .

If you have the time to learn about conversions, start from here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?hl=en

Please write more questions if what I have explained is unclear or not useful, many forum members can join the conversation to help.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your reply.

But I don't want to choose automatic bidding. Instead am going to reduce the bid for individual keywords?But am sacred about the position for those keywords if I reduce the individual bid.How much effective if I select automatic bidding?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Automatic bidding will not keep your ad position, it will change the MaxCPC for every impression in order to trigger clicks, no matter on what position the Ad will be.

Do you have conversion tracking activated ? Automatic bidding works best if you enable it to follow conversions if you have a history of a few hundred conversions in the account.

What are your Quality Scores for the keywords that receive the most clicks in your account and contribute the most to the budget spent ? Maybe you can improve something there and bring the cost per click down.

How is your campaign configured ? Does it have the "Search partners" enabled along the "Search only" option ? Do you use a "Search +Display" campaign at the same time without separating them in 2 campaigns ?

I am asking this in order to see what we can disable because for example Display campaigns can drain your budget without many conversions, the same can happen for the default option "With search partners".

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hello;
Simple answer: If you don't want to increase you budget or change your bidding method - ignore the message.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If she ignores the message and has the same keywords in another less restrictive match type in another campaign, there is the exception listed here that prevents keywords from being triggered in a normal sequence , section "Exceptions to preference" , first expandable text "a campaign is limited by budget" :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

"Your campaign's daily budget can affect each of the scenarios listed above. If a keyword is in a budget-restricted campaign, which means that the campaign's budget isn't high enough to accrue all possible traffic, the keyword won't always be able to trigger an ad even if it otherwise could. This helps prevent the campaign from greatly exceeding its budget. Learn more about how you can avoid a depleted daily budget

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Adrian,

My top contributing keyword have a quality score of and a position of .
But I think if I decrease the the bid for it then the ad position will decrease. I choose the bid in accordance with the bid stimulator.

Also my campaign type is search only..

The ad has been live for four days.But not even for one day it didn't met the daily budget.Then why this message appears?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It is very good that you have a Search only campaign.

I think Google uses monthly statistics for your keywords to estimate how much monthly traffic you will miss, this way you cannot forsee the full potential of your campaign just in 4 days.

For now go with Moshe's advice and ignore the message, perhaps in a few days it will dissapear.

However I would like to investigate more in your account with the following questions :

1) How many keywords to you have active ?

2) Are all your keywords in a simple broad match ? These types of matching can draw many impressions and not all of them can be useful . If you are using "simple broad match", try modifying the keywords to put a + sign in front of all the words in the keyword. This way the "BMM" ( broad modified match) will not trigger so many search terms , it will also exclude synonyms.

3) Are you using all the match types for keywords ? Phrase and exact match too ?

Here is where you can read more about all the match types :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

You can also edit your last message using the "wheel" button at the upper right of the message box, because you missed to type the position and QS.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@ Adrian ;
My approach is to "keep it simple when answering users". Adwords has "endless" number of exceptions and "if- then" conditions . This is multi-variable equation to solve, that has no one solution; So the best approach is to "tackle"  it one step (=one variable)  at a time;

My view - your answers are really compressive and cover many aspects -However, even I (an experienced user...)  "get lost" / confused  with all the "options " / "if-then" algorithms you  enquire about  / suggest.

The goal is to guide the user  from one level to another "step by step". "All at once" could (not always)  be to much at some point. As in math,  the user could find himself / herself  with an answer at a "singular point Smiley Surprised

My thoughts....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I think the answer here is to limit the traffic that this campaign is eligible for, by exploring what "default options" can be modified .

1) The user has already eliminated 2 possible default options that could have generated a lot of traffic , Search partners and Display campaign.

2) Switching from simple broad keywords  ( which are natural language to most users ) to other match types is another option to restrict traffic and change that message . For example a simple broad keyword can have a daily traffic of 10.000 searches while the same keyword in a phrase match can have only 1000 searches.

3) Deleting non-converting keywords is another option to restrict the traffic . Detecting a situation where the user has hundreds of keywords for a 20 $ per day budget is another probable situation that can be solved.

4) Adding negative keywords can also restrict traffic and change that message.

5) Restricting targeting to a small geo location like a city instead of a country, can also prove to be a traffic limiting option useful to this situation of a limited budget.

There are not so many IF situations , l think there are less than 10 things that can be checked and google should have included those in the help file . Instead they said to decrease the bid for keywords.