AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

My Ads went back to "Under Review"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I had a campaign and a couple of Ads already working. They were not triggering impressions, so I've been changing max cpc, budget, added keywords, added target languages and changed delivery method to "accelerated". But I did not change any of the ads.

Right after that, all my Ads went back to "Under review". If I have to wait until next wednesday for it to work (3 business days), I will just cancel the campaign and the account. I needed it now.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JuanIrache
September 2015

Re: My Ads went back to "Under Review"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I found a workaround for the problem. The word "Video" sends the Ads directly to "Under Review". By using synonyms, I have them all working in seconds :-).

Surprisingly enough, all the ads composed by the Google guys included the word "video". And even more surprisingly, that same word -which is what my website is about- had been tagged as a negative keyword!

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Some new accounts need to review for security. So you should patient and work with AdWords team to open your account.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi JuanIrache,

Most of  the times ads are automatically approved, however if there is something which is restricted or need more attention, ads are given Under Review status. You have also not mentioned whether you have standard text ads or image or video ads for Google Display Network or Search Network or both.

As said in the above post, you will have to wait until Google investigate them for approval status. If you want you can try contacting Adwords support for further details.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What I find strange is that the Ads were initially "Under Review" for a couple of days, then approved (yesterday), then sent back to "Under Reveiew" (today).

I have standard text ads in both search and display networks.

I actually am working with  the AdWords team. Their answer about this was "is a normal system process", no further explanation. Actually, after asking that, the Client Manager that has acces to my account, got in and changed some of the ads, which means that the preview project has to start from scratch... AGAIN.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JuanIrache
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I found a workaround for the problem. The word "Video" sends the Ads directly to "Under Review". By using synonyms, I have them all working in seconds :-).

Surprisingly enough, all the ads composed by the Google guys included the word "video". And even more surprisingly, that same word -which is what my website is about- had been tagged as a negative keyword!