AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Multivariate test using Adwords Campaign Experiments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I'd like to conduct a multivariate test using Adwords Campaign Experiments. I'd like to test 2 text ads going to one landing page and in a 80/20 split, test 2 different sets of text ads going to another landing page. This would be for the same ad group. Do I have the flexibility to make these changes after creating the experiment and reporting on it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multivariate test using Adwords Campaign Experiments

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Davids;

Two points here;
First: Adwords experiments is a single variable statistical test. You can change only one variable.
Second: what are you testing: is this an A/B testing of the landing page or testing different ad-copies. an A/B testing  is part of  Analytics and is  not offered in  Adwords experiments.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi MosheTLV,

Right now this is testing different ad copies, but we would like to eventually test different landing pages in conjunction with the A/B ad copy test.

We launched Adwords experiments with an 80/20 split for our ads (80% going to the control). After we set up the experiment, the control ad paused itself. Please note the control ad was an already existing ad in the ad group. After the test ad was implemented, the control ad paused itself.

We resumed the control ad and it seemed to pass approved. Our question is whether or not the campaign is serving 80/20.

Is there somewhere else we can go in Adwords to see if the test was set up properly and if impressions are being served 80/20?

Thanks again for your help and for clarifying your points above.

Davids

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Well... Someone needs to look into the account and the experiment setting, and to verify that the settings are correct,
Only CS could access your account. I would call them.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’