AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple-valued ECOMM_PRODID parameter in Google Analytics Remarketing Audience Builder

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there!

My question relates to running retail-vertical display networks dynamic remarketing campaigns with Google Analytics (GA) being employed for creating remarketing audiences. Tried to be both concise and specific, so apologize if failed in either or both.

The context: I want to show my ads to people who "do something" with some products that represent a certain subset (not all) of the full product list. For example, I want to address those who viewed certain products or added certain products to the shopping cart or purchased certain products, etc.

Everything has worked just fine for me when I used the audiences that relate to "single-product" events/transactions, such product page viewers or the like. In this case, when I want to show ads to those who viewed certain products I can set-up the audience in GA Audience Builder using Conditions like ecomm_pagetype 'exactly matches' "product" and ecomm_prodid 'is one of' my-list-of-the-products-that-I-want-to-use-for-the-ad-campaign. This scenario has so far worked for me exactly as expected.

But what if want to address people who added products to the shopping cart, especially those who added more that one product? This is where things begin to seem complicated to me. The questions that have no obvious answer are:
1. What value do I assign to the ecomm_prodid parameter?
2. How do I use the multiple-valued ecomm_prodid parameter to set-up the audience in the GA  Audience Builder?

For the first question I found that people recommend two options:
1) a text string: "ProdID-XXX, ProdID-YYY, ProdID-ZZZ";
2) an array: ["ProdID-XXX", "ProdID-YYY", "ProdID-ZZZ"].
Yes, I can try either, but then, how do I use any of the two to set-up the audience in GA?

Many thanks in advance,
Igor

Multiple-valued ECOMM_PRODID parameter in Google Analytics Remarketing Audience Builder

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Igor C

In order to create an audience for people who added more products to the cart the most easier way is to use ecomm_pagetype = cart AND ecomm_pagetype != checkout (it means they have visited the cart but didnt buy) AND ecomm_totalvalue > 1000 for example to get people who placed products with value over 1000.

If you want to create an audience using two exact products I would use ecomm_prodid = ProdID-XXX AND ecomm_prodid = ProdID-YYY but I am not sure if you should filter Visits or Users, it would need some tests.

You cannot use ["ProdID-XXX", "ProdID-YYY", "ProdID-ZZZ"] because in Analytics there are no strings, the values are separated and it cosist only on number (ecomm_prodid = 1, ecomm_prodid = 2 etc.).

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Hana

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Hana!

Will try using multiple sequential single-value assignments to ecomm_prodid instead of a single multiple-value assignment. Will report the results here. Thanks again.

Regards,

Igor