AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple ads and quality score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In an attempt to raise the ad relevance score for my keywords I'm testing out different ad copy with multiple variations. They are fairly low volume keywords so it's hard to optomize initially for CTR.

How long after I add new ads or change old ones before the new ad relevance rating is determined? 

Also, is the rating a combination of how each ad is scored?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple ads and quality score

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

The quality score is mostly a CTR dependent; So as your ad is more relevant and "appealing", and your KWs "tightly mach" search queries the CTR  should be higher.

With low volume keywords that get clicks from time to time: I would keep them. (For example:  If you have 3 impressions and 1 click it's a CTR of 33%!)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’