AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Moving campaigns to new accounts without losing QS?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any way I can move my campaigns to new accounts without losing QS?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Moving campaigns to new accounts without losing QS?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Marc,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Marc wrote:

Is there any way I can move my campaigns to new accounts without losing QS?

I am assuming that you are closing your one Adwords account and trying to copy paste the campaigns from that account to the new account. Please correct me if that isn't the case.

Based on my hypothesis, I would say that each and every new account will have it's own history, performance and the Quality Score. I don't think that you would regain the old QS when you transfer keywords from one account to another.

You will have to build up the stats from scratch i.e CTR, QS etc....Every account is unique in the eyes of Adwords, so if you transfer keywords from an account which is 10 years old (may be), you still have to build up the Quality Score, CTR again. That's my understanding.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I am closing my MCC with my hundreds of accounts and will need to move them over to a new MCC. I know that usually, when moving keywords/adgroups/campaigns from one account to another we lose all data and QS, but, I think I understood that when keywords/adgroups/campaigns are moved around using the API, keywords keep their unique ID. Therefore I was guessing that by using API we might be able to keep the QS. Am I right?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Marc;

As far as I know, the "history" is linked to the account's overall performance , not to specific keywords.

Íf you move an account form one MCC to another, you keep the history. ( No change made to the account).  However,  if you copy the keywords, and close the "first" account - you lose the history.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again Marc,

If it is the case with MCC only and not with individual client accounts, in that case the account history should remain as it is. Because MCC is only an umbrella which is taking care of your client accounts. So if you create a new MCC and link all the client accounts there, the history (of individual client accounts) should remain as it is because you are not closing the particular Adwords account of your client, but only linking it with a new MCC. That's again my point of view and might differ with others.

API is only an advanced way of communicating with Adwords and I don't think that Quality Score depends upon whether using APIs or not. In my opinion, both are independent.

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hey Marc,

I agree with Pankaj. An MCC is only an umbrella acount.

Take this example: If a client is working with you, you add his account to your MCC. After that, for some reason, he decides to give it to someone else to manage, all he needs to do is unlink your MCC form his account and link it to the other MCC.

This is not affecting his account performance in any way.

Which mean that if you are just changing the MCC account, nothing should happen to the individual account within that.

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the information.

The main reason why I needed to create new accounts was that our neighbour country has access to new releass long time before they are available in the country where I am located. Our rep suggested to create new accounts in that country, unfortunately after further discussions that will not help! Therefore no need to create new accounts!