AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Moved my shop to a new platform - dynamic search ads broke down

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I recently moved my shop to a new server and platform and now my Dynamic search Ads give 404 for the clients. It has been by far my best campaign so I was wondering if this is a thing that'll pass? I've uploaded a site map to Search console and requested indexing - still showing like 3200 indexing errors?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lasse L
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Lasse.

DSAs rely on your organic indexing. Which doesn't happen instantly, unfortunately. So you might well be in the situation where Google serves ads pointing to your old URLs which are no longer valid.

My suggestion is either to wait until the new URL structure gets indexed or to make sure you redirect all old URLs to the new URLs. You can check the status by performing a site:www.yoursite.tld search. If you still see old URLs, that's where DSA clickers will be sent (to a 404 page).

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lasse L
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Lasse.

DSAs rely on your organic indexing. Which doesn't happen instantly, unfortunately. So you might well be in the situation where Google serves ads pointing to your old URLs which are no longer valid.

My suggestion is either to wait until the new URL structure gets indexed or to make sure you redirect all old URLs to the new URLs. You can check the status by performing a site:www.yoursite.tld search. If you still see old URLs, that's where DSA clickers will be sent (to a 404 page).

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. I'll timed transfer I see. Is there anything I can do to speed up indexing?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I think that if you manage to set up the redirects correctly, every time an old URL gets crawled the index is updated (in a certain amount of time). I don't know for sure, but I think the index is refreshed faster than by trying to wait for the crawler to start again from the home page and index every link and so on.