AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

More similar keywords in a campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I am using similar keywords like flights to india, flight to india, ticket to london, tickets to london match type is exact in my search network campaign  and enable Include plurals, misspellings and other close variants . I know that if i paused flight to india than it  will be trigger through flights to india. Do I have have to use such keywords or what is disadvantage if i use such keywords if I increase more number of keywords? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author azhar k
September 2015

Re: More similar keywords in a campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi ashar k,

Often, the difference between singular and plural in search terms can indicate intent. Generally, plural indicates purchase intent while singular indicates research intent. It's different for each market.

The reason to bid on both is that one may be more valuable for you. Compare ROI between the singular and plural versions. You may find that the plural version deserves a higher bid.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author azhar k
September 2015

Re: More similar keywords in a campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi ashar k,

Often, the difference between singular and plural in search terms can indicate intent. Generally, plural indicates purchase intent while singular indicates research intent. It's different for each market.

The reason to bid on both is that one may be more valuable for you. Compare ROI between the singular and plural versions. You may find that the plural version deserves a higher bid.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords