6.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
favorite_border

More explanations on Google keywords Insertion

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I found Google keyword insertion feature is pretty unclear from the help document.

The example Google used to demonstrate doesn't make any sense to me. Please see below. So in this case "Cholocate" is the keywords, then how do I know what actually will be shown in my ads?

• Why the word "bar" is missing in the first searching case?
  • What part will google be taking out? is it the verb? the adjective? or any words appear behind the keywords? That's the pattern?
  • What if people search "buying top chocolate"? What the ads will look like using the example below? I hope it's not "Buy Buying Top Chocolate".

Capture.PNG

I appreciate your time in advance for this!

Jason

1 Expert replyverified_user

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason Zhang
February

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Yes, you are right.

These are the keywords not the user's query.

Chocolate is not the keyword, it's default term which will show if the keyword is not dynamically inserted by the system due to any reason mentioned in the previous post.

For your reference:

How it works

Let's say you're advertising a chocolate shop. You could use a keyword insertion code in your ad headline: 

Headline: Buy {KeyWord:Chocolate}

AdWords will try to replace this code with one of your keywords in your ad group ("dark chocolate," "sugar free chocolate," "gourmet chocolate truffles"), but when it can't, it'll use the word "Chocolate." 

Note that the person's search term isn't always the same as the keyword.

reference link: About Keyword insertion

Regards
Archit

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Jason Zhang,

With DKI, the system shows the keywords(used in your ad groups) in the headline but not the user's query.

and only the term will be replaced(with any of your relevant keyword) that you have used after colon punctuation{KeyWord:term}, rest pre-fix and post fix terms will always be included*.

In case, if you have a larger headline/description line(after DKI) then the DKI will not play the role.

That means if your keyword is too long with or without pre-fix/post-fix terms then instead of keyword insertion the default text(after colon) will be displayed.

Regards
Archit

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Archit,

Thanks for the comment!

Still not quite follow yet. You said: With DKI, the system shows the keywords(used in your ad groups) in the headline but not the user's query.

Again, with Google's case above, you mean keywords like "dark chocolate" and "sugar-free chocolate" are the keywords in the ad group rather than the keyword "chocolate"? Is that correct?

Thanks,

Jason

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason Zhang
February

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Yes, you are right.

These are the keywords not the user's query.

Chocolate is not the keyword, it's default term which will show if the keyword is not dynamically inserted by the system due to any reason mentioned in the previous post.

For your reference:

How it works

Let's say you're advertising a chocolate shop. You could use a keyword insertion code in your ad headline: 

Headline: Buy {KeyWord:Chocolate}

AdWords will try to replace this code with one of your keywords in your ad group ("dark chocolate," "sugar free chocolate," "gourmet chocolate truffles"), but when it can't, it'll use the word "Chocolate." 

Note that the person's search term isn't always the same as the keyword.

reference link: About Keyword insertion

Regards
Archit

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Archit

Brilliant! I guess I finally got it.

Thanks a lot for your help - I just assign enough work for myself then for my account Smiley Happy

Jason

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Great!!

All the best.

Regards
Archit
Experts in the Topic
Archit