AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

More Keyword Planner Changes

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

I was doing some keyword research today and noticed two changes:

1. Even though I am logged into an MCC with a massive ad spend, I'm now getting the vague results you get from not having enough going on in your account. I now have to go to an actual account with plenty of ad spend in the MCC, and then go to the planner from the menu.

2. Lots of locations have disappeared. For example, for Melbourne, Australia I only have all of Melbourne to choose from. Before today I had other options like Melbourne CBD and Melbourne South-West Suburbs. 

I'm disappointed that Google is making it harder for me to provide accurate forecasts for potential clients.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: More Keyword Planner Changes

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Rob,

We were made aware of the point #1 and that the account from which you access the planner will determine if you get aggregated data or proper data like before.

Point #2, this seems odd, this was not announced with the update. I never had/got to do this in my accounts as I never got these options at all for precise locations. Despite the fact that this option was not available to me, I never faced any issue with the projections as I would also consider the past performance when doing these projections.

Do keep us updated if you find any other updates that affect us.

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"