AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Modifying ecpc at the ad group or keyword level

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If a campaign uses ECPC and I want all bids on all keywords to be raised, do I modify the bid at the ad group level and it's then applied at each individual keyword?

I took over an account and the ad group bid is set at $0.15 but the individual keywords are much higher so it seems that the  bids for individual keywords are overriding the ad group bid?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Modifying ecpc at the ad group or keyword level

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The individual keyword bid takes precedence over all other bids. In your situation, all keywords with a keyword level bid effectively ignore the adgroup level bid.

Hope that helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How do I reset it so that the ad group bid takes precedence?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Just remove the keyword bid (leave it blank).

You can do this easily in bulk using the desktop software AdWords Editor. Hope that helps.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Dean,

As Suggested by Dave you can do it with the help of adwords editor and if you want to do it only with adwords then follow the below mentioned steps:

Adgroup(whose bid you want to use as default) >> Keywords >> check the box to select all >> Edit tab >> change max. CPC bids >> Leave the text box blank >> make changes

Now all your keywords will have the adgroup default bid.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’