AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile ads and Desktop ads in two different Domains

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have two different domains for my mobile and desktop site. ex: mobie: m.abcdef.com and desktop: www.abcdef.ae. In a situation like this how do i set up my mobile ads in the campaign? Can I have two different domains for destination URLs in the campaign? Also can I use Value Track Parameters set in two different domains?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sachie T
September 2015

Re: Mobile ads and Desktop ads in two different Domains

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Sachie T,

Yes, you can use the Value Track Parameters {ifmobile} and {ifnotmobile} in the destination URL to send mobile users to a different site. That's the recommended method. Your display URL should be the top level, I think.

destination: {ifmobile:m.abcdef.com }{ifnotmobile:www.abcdef.com}
display: abcdef.com

Note: you can not send traffic to 2 different top level domains. You'll need either to create the mobile site on the .ae domain, or create the desktop site on the .com domain. I am not certain whether value track values work in the display URL. You can try that. I put a value track value in one of my ads for the display URL and it was not rejected. But I can't verify whether it's working.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Sachie T,
Welcome to adwords community,
Being in Enhanced campaign you can not target your two seperate campaing for desktop or Mobile.For your mobile campaign your ads should be mobile preferences for mobile device only. and you can play with bid. For your mobile campaign your keywords bid should be low, or you can increase your mobile bid. where you ads will show only in mobile device not to desktop or tab.

Hope it helps you.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sachie T
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Sachie T,

Yes, you can use the Value Track Parameters {ifmobile} and {ifnotmobile} in the destination URL to send mobile users to a different site. That's the recommended method. Your display URL should be the top level, I think.

destination: {ifmobile:m.abcdef.com }{ifnotmobile:www.abcdef.com}
display: abcdef.com

Note: you can not send traffic to 2 different top level domains. You'll need either to create the mobile site on the .ae domain, or create the desktop site on the .com domain. I am not certain whether value track values work in the display URL. You can try that. I put a value track value in one of my ads for the display URL and it was not rejected. But I can't verify whether it's working.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete,

Thanks so much for your reply.

One more follow up question: I have several different destination URLs in one campaigns (we offer several different promotions). If I include a value track parameter at keyword level, I would not be able to promote all my offers for all my keywords in the ad group.

In a case like this, what should I do?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you!

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni
HI
I am not entirely sure about your follow up question can you give us an example?
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog