AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile Pay Per Call Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Iv'e been doing pay per call campaigns on adwords for a while now (setting the extension for "Show only the link to my phone numberSmiley Happy  but in the last few weeks i suddenly noticed that majority of the traffic is going to my landing pages and not to the call center. Is there a way to strictly force the traffic to go only to a call? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Mobile Pay Per Call Campaign

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Amit,

Thanks for clarifying. First of all, yes, there is a way to allow only clicks to your phone number (instead of your phone number AND the headline of your ad) when your call extensions show. However, please keep in mind that your call extensions won't necessarily show every time your ads show, so even if you do enable this feature, there could still be circumstances when users could click through to your website.

To show only the link to your business phone number when your ads show with the call extension on mobile devices, please take the following steps:

1. Go to the Ad extensions tab. 

2. In the upper left-hand corner, select the “Call extensions” view.

3. Hover over your phone number until you see a black pencil icon. Click once.

4. Read the disclaimer. If you agree, click "Yes, I Understand".

5. Under "Mobile-specific options", select the radio button next to the words "Show only the link to my phone number".

6. Click Save.

Thanks for posting, and have a great week!

Best wishes, 

Kathryn

The Google AdWords Team

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Its realy problem i feel.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi aim2meus,

Thanks for posting! A couple points of clarification might help us solve this riddle.

1) When you say Mobile Pay Per Call Campaign, are your referring to a campaign using Call Extensions with a Google forwarding number or your own business phone number?

2) Is this campaign targeting only mobile devices?

The explanation of the behavior you see might vary based on the set-up of the campaign.

Kind regards,

Kathryn

The Google AdWords Team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think its a major problem to u. Tnk u.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kathryn,

I am using my own business phone number to a campaign that is only targeted to mobile devices

Amit

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Amit,

Thanks for clarifying. First of all, yes, there is a way to allow only clicks to your phone number (instead of your phone number AND the headline of your ad) when your call extensions show. However, please keep in mind that your call extensions won't necessarily show every time your ads show, so even if you do enable this feature, there could still be circumstances when users could click through to your website.

To show only the link to your business phone number when your ads show with the call extension on mobile devices, please take the following steps:

1. Go to the Ad extensions tab. 

2. In the upper left-hand corner, select the “Call extensions” view.

3. Hover over your phone number until you see a black pencil icon. Click once.

4. Read the disclaimer. If you agree, click "Yes, I Understand".

5. Under "Mobile-specific options", select the radio button next to the words "Show only the link to my phone number".

6. Click Save.

Thanks for posting, and have a great week!

Best wishes, 

Kathryn

The Google AdWords Team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
بما انني في الاتجاه الصحيح فلبأس ان تضمني معكم

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dont know english pls? I know english n bangla not arabic. Tnks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

maktoub-mohamed wrote:
بما انني في الاتجاه الصحيح فلبأس ان تضمني معكم

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kathryn

Thanks for your detailed reply however there still appears to be a large element of 'leakage' between clicking the 'call' button on a mobile and the call registering with, in my case, Ring Revenue/Commission Junction.

For example today one of my UK click to call campaigns stands at 108 clicks, however only 29 calls have been received by my CJ phone number. This is despite setting up the campaign for smartphones only, as per your highlighted instructions.

Regards

Glenn