AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile Only Ads and Call Extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What I am trying to achieve is:

Mobile specific ads that only display on mobile because they have a call to action to Call Now.
Plus, I want these ads to show with the Click-to-Call call extension.

Challenges:

Mobile Only Ads
When you create a “Mobile” ad you can only PREFER mobile. It still sometimes shows on desktop. This is not ideal if you want to use a call to action like Call Now.

Sitelinks
T
here does not seem to be anyway to turn off sitelinks on mobile. You have to assign sitelinks to campaigns and as all campaigns target mobile and desktop by default sitelinks are showing on my mobile ads when what I really want is my click-to-call extension to show.

The only potential solution I can see is to turn off all sitelinks during the hours that I want my Click-to-Call ad to run.

The problem with this is that then my desktop ads have no sitelinks during business hours putting me at a disadvantage.

It seems that Enhanced Campaigns have removed a lot of my ability to segment my ads by device unless I really missing something here?

Any advice from the gurus would be much appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mobile Only Ads and Call Extensions

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi there, 

With enhanced campaigns you can have ad group level sitelinks, which might help you in this situation? If you had mobile optimized ad texts in an ad group with mobile related sitelinks that might be a way forward? 

Does anyone else on the Community have any thoughts here?

A.