AdWords
6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile Landing Pages For Enhanced Campaigns:

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All, 

I am having trouble getting my ads to target Mobile Landing Pages on the new Enhanced Campaign settings. 

At first I thought simply having ads with the mobile preferred button ticked would work, but unfortunately it doesn't. When looking at the clicks and impressions my ads had received, I segmented the data by device and could see that desktop ads had mobile clicks, and vice versa.

After speaking with Google, I was told to use Value Track Parameters instead of having ads with the mobile preferred button ticked. The below parameters are then added to the targeted URL section, i.e. 

{ifmobile:[value]}{ifnotmobile:[value]}

What I have found is that this can be very hit and miss. It works on some campaigns but not others and I'm not sure why. 

I was just wondering whether any one else had tried this and how it went for you?

Thanks Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sarah T
September 2015

Re: Mobile Landing Pages For Enhanced Campaigns:

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
This is a programming issue. How do you "direct" the user to your mobile site or to the "desktop/ regular" site?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Moshe,

I have the same concern here, if i have two different urls one for mobile (www.m.website.com) and one for desktop users (www.website.com)..

What am i supposed to do?

and this "{ifmobile:[value]}{ifnotmobile:[value]}", i really dont know how to use it? is it copy,paste and change value to my domain at [value]...? does this code then go to landing page field in my ad setting in editor?

TIA

Br,
Rayan

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rayan,

Don't worry about using this URL string - {ifmobile:[value]}....etc.

All you need to do is setup separate ads for your mobile devices. When you go to create a new ad, there is now a little box with the word 'Mobile' next to it that you can tick. Create new ads or copy your current ads and tick that mobile box and make sure you use the mobile landing page as the destination URL.

So basically you will have say, three ads for desktop and then three ads for mobile devices.

You can also set a bid adjustment in the campaign settings for mobile devices if you like (mobile clicks are generally cheaper than desktop clicks).

I hope this makes sense. I did this and it works perfectly.

Thanks,
Sarah.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My Goal is to have one Ad, if user is Mobile user then go to (Destination URL)
www.m.website.com

If user is desktop then go to www.website.com

Is this is doable ??

Thanks a lot..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That sounds great, i'm gonna do that...

Thanks a million Smiley Happy

Rayan

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
You're very welcome!

All the best,
Sarah Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello again @Rayan ;
To follow with Sarah; I would strongly advise to have at lest one ad for mobile and one ad for desktops;

If you have a mobile ad (i.e the check box is marked) and a desktop ad, as well,  - the mobile ad will always be shown on mobile, and you can optimize your ad-copy for mobile only.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Rayan wrote:
I have the same concern here, if i have two different urls one for mobile (www.m.website.com) and one for desktop users (www.website.com)..

What am i supposed to do?

and this "{ifmobile:[value]}{ifnotmobile:[value]}", i really dont know how to use it?

You set your ad's destination URL this way: http://www.{ifmobile:m.}website.com.

When serving the ad, AdWords system performs a simple text substitution: if the ad is served on desktop, then {ifnotmobile:ABC} is replaced with ABC, and {ifmobile:XYZ} is completely removed; and vice versa, when the ad is served on a mobile device, then {ifnotmobile:ABC} is completely removed and {ifmobile:XYZ} is replaced with XYZ.

You can use these substitutions on parts of URLs, and even on complete URLs, e.g.:

http://{ifnotmobile:my.desktop.site.com/desktop-landing-page}{ifmobile:my.mobile.site.com/mobile-landing-page}

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Brilliant!

Thank you for answering my question...

Best,
Rayan