AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile APP install campaign setting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys, 

Does the final URL of APP install ads overrides the campaign setting "Mobile APP" ? what happens if i use different APP name on campaign setting and APP install ad copy level.  

The reason why i am asking this -- I have created google play Install campaigns. Now in order to save time to create ios campaigns, i have copied all the play campaigns and pasted it back in the Adword interface and changed the required setting at the ad copy level such as package name etc. When i follow this step the campaign setting remains the same for both ios and android campaign but the setting at Ad copy level are different. But my concern is one particular campaign setting "Mobile APP", which indicate play app for both ios and android. 

My both ios and android campaigns seems to be working fine and directing to correct final URL, but not sure if i am missing anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pinshu S
September 2015

Re: Mobile APP install campaign setting

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pinshu,

Adwords always will use the information provided (if possible) on the far end of the scale.

If you have statements on your campaign, then Adwords will use those. If you have statements on both Campaigns and AdGroups, Adwords will consider info from the Groups, since it's in the far end of the "Account > Campgain > Group" scale. The same if there was anything setup on keyword level: "Account > Campgain > Group > Keyword".

So everything used on your adGroup should work just fine.

Hope it helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pinshu S
September 2015

Re: Mobile APP install campaign setting

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pinshu,

Adwords always will use the information provided (if possible) on the far end of the scale.

If you have statements on your campaign, then Adwords will use those. If you have statements on both Campaigns and AdGroups, Adwords will consider info from the Groups, since it's in the far end of the "Account > Campgain > Group" scale. The same if there was anything setup on keyword level: "Account > Campgain > Group > Keyword".

So everything used on your adGroup should work just fine.

Hope it helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click