AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Misspellings

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a particular negative keyword but have noticed that is is still showing for incorrect spellings. These are very expensive and are sometimes $12 or $15 per click! Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Misspellings

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Bondimedical3,

I would say you have two options:

1. Refine your keyword match types and/or settings so your keywords will no longer match the incorrect spelling in search terms.

2. Add the misspelling as a negative KW as well.

Without knowing the full details of your account, it's tough to determine which is the best route.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

At the moment the keyword is on broad match but if I change that to phrase or exact match I think I would lose too many valuable searches. I can't add the misspelling as a negative keyword either because there is a different variation nearly every 2nd day. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi bondimedical3;

Regardless of the match type you choose I recommend not to use the broad match . It is just too broad...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
you could also add the misspellings as a keyword and put a bid for those to make sure you don´t more than necessary for those clicks.
If the misspelling I´d suggest you add it with phrase match: "keyword"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

For exact and phrase match you can choose if you want misspellings. Is there something similar for broad match? I have far too many spelling errors and was looking for a more general solution.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

bondimedical3;

Broad march - by definition, includes misspelling

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2497828

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’