AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Missing AdWords Transaction Data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I currently have both an AdWords and an Analytics account which are linked together. My ecommerce tracking is set up and is working beautifully and I am seeing those transactions in analytics. However, that is not the case for the AdWords transactions. Under reporting in analytics, I see exactly 0 transactions and revenue from AdWords despite generate hundred of thousands of clicks from Ads. We have also asked clients who have made a purchase if they were driven to the site via our ads and many have said yes. Why am I not seeing these transactions?

I have set up goals and are importing them into AdWords also. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Orvin M
March 2016

Re: Missing AdWords Transaction Data

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 16
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Orvin,

Let me know how it goes. Just remember that for GA to track the transaction the transaction must happen straight after the click. If you click an ad and then leave the site and come back by another means it will be attributed to the most recent way you visited the site (exception being direct, as GA uses a last-click non-direct attribution model).

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Orvin,

Do you have auto tagging on?
Are all your transactions being assigned to direct or are all channels receiving some except for AdWords?

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yep! Auto tagging is enabled. And all channels are receiving some except for AdWords.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Orvin,

Are you tracking it through GTM?

Robin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robin,

Currently I am not. I do not have a GTM account, would you recommend?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Try setting up through GTM. See if it works Smiley Happy

Robin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Will do, that is actually something I intended to do. What steps would I take in GTM to do this? How is it different than what I am currently doing? I ask because as I already mentioned all my ecommerce, goals, etc. are working great. I see transactions from every channel but AdWords. So I want to know what steps in GTM to take so I don't repeat any mistakes I may be making.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Orvin,

Below is the link for setup. Let me know if you need more details on that.
https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6105160?hl=en

Robin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Seems pretty self-explanatory. So once this is done theoretically I should see my AdWords transactions in analytics also? Because I thought Conversion Actions only showed up in AdWords?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, Of-course you will see that in GA too.

Robin