AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Misc. Questions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My boss has given me the job to learn everything I can to make our campaign successful.   Please answer a couple of miscellaneous questions for me.

1.  Where does the $50 per day start, geographically?  We want most of our traffic westward from Europe. We are less interested in the Far East.   Is there a way of controlling this?

2.  Where can I find where our clicks are coming from?

3.  If there are no other AdWord ads on a page, why would we be on the bottom of the page instead of being on the Top or Side?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author carlah
September 2015

Re: Misc. Questions

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Carlah,

1. You may set the daily budget to any amount you like. The Location Targeting feature on the Settings page gives you full control of the geo-target, i.e. where your ads show to users.

2. You may run a geo-report which will guide you regarding where the clicks come from.

3. That's a bit advanced material. Bottom line is when Google has poor historical experience with a keyword they will be reluctant to show your ad if you bid just normally. Even if you bid high they will perhaps show it at a bad position. (The logic is that they have no confidence but if you do you may emphasize your hope with a really high bid.)

Best,

Lakatos 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Carlah,

"Where does the $50 per day start, geographically? " The day starts at midnight in the time zone you selected for your account. Ad Scheduling is also based on the time zone for your account. If you are targeting areas outside of your account time zone, you will need to make the time adjustments yourself.

Best of Luck1

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Carlah,

1. You may set the daily budget to any amount you like. The Location Targeting feature on the Settings page gives you full control of the geo-target, i.e. where your ads show to users.

2. You may run a geo-report which will guide you regarding where the clicks come from.

3. That's a bit advanced material. Bottom line is when Google has poor historical experience with a keyword they will be reluctant to show your ad if you bid just normally. Even if you bid high they will perhaps show it at a bad position. (The logic is that they have no confidence but if you do you may emphasize your hope with a really high bid.)

Best,

Lakatos 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Carlah,

"Where does the $50 per day start, geographically? " The day starts at midnight in the time zone you selected for your account. Ad Scheduling is also based on the time zone for your account. If you are targeting areas outside of your account time zone, you will need to make the time adjustments yourself.

Best of Luck1

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords