AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Mevio Display Ads??

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all,

I was reviewing my Display Network Automatic Placements and noticed a placement that I couldn't find much information on.

I actually couldn't even get to the website.  Does anyone know if meviodisplayads.com is a legitimate site/placement??

Usually when I can't get to the website of an automatic placement, I simply block it; however, since this particular site had placed a significant volume of my ads, I'd like to get some imput from others.

Thanks In Advance,

RPquest

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mevio Display Ads??

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi RPquest,

My anti-virus blocks that site which makes me think you'd better avoid it.

Best,

Lakatos

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Lakatos,

Thanks for your reply.

Since this is an Automatic Placement (by google) of my Display Ads, I have also sent an email to the "contact us" listed on Adwords.  I have previously had them place my Ads on a hijacked website that I had to bring to their attention.

I can only guess that since I have a significant volume of ads showing on the Mevio Displays site, that I'm not the only one and if it is indeed a malicious site or has a virus, Google should promptly suspend the placement of everyone's ads.

I'll post any additional info that I receive.

Thanks Again,

RPquest

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

meviodisplayads.com is owned by Mevio.com a fairly popular video website not unlike Hulu or YouTube. Mevio uses that domain to serve the display ads, thus the descriptive domain name. 

Mevio would be smart to put a description on the home page of the site instead of leaving it blank since a lot of marketers question the cost of AdWords clicks coming out of that domain and are no putting that domain on an exclude list because it looks questionable (even though it really isn't.)

The only questionable thing is the reports of maliscious ads that have been served from that network but all ad networks have had an issue with malicious ads unknowingly being passed.

All the best,

Robert