AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Merge Enhanced with a Legacy Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I created a new campaign just today so that's obviously an enhanced campaign. Will I be able to merge this to an old mobile campaign? Or is the merging process only possible for legacy with legacy? Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Merge Enhanced with a Legacy Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

@angelomvd wrote:

Hi,

I created a new campaign just today so that's obviously an enhanced campaign. Will I be able to merge this to an old mobile campaign? Or is the merging process only possible for legacy with legacy? Thanks!

No, that's obviously not an enhanced campaign because when you create a new campaign even today, Adwords interface ask you whether you want to switch to legacy settings or keep with enhanced campaign settings here:

Legacy.jpg

It's recommended that you merge the old campaigns so that the account history is regained which plays a crucial role inside any Adwords account. I hope you have downloaded the Enhanced campaigns guide before doing these shuffling inside your account: http://www.google.com/adwords/enhancedcampaigns/resources/

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

@angelomvd wrote:

Hi,

No, that's obviously not an enhanced campaign because when you create a new campaign even today, Adwords interface ask you whether you want to switch to legacy settings or keep with enhanced campaign settings here:

Legacy.jpg

It's recommended that you merge the old campaigns so that the account history is regained which plays a crucial role inside any Adwords account. I hope you have downloaded the Enhanced campaigns guide before doing these shuffling inside your account: http://www.google.com/adwords/enhancedcampaigns/resources/

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks, but it is enhanced. It can only switch back to legacy if you opt for it during setup. If you dont, that option disappears and it becomes permanently enhanced. We created this to test enhanced in the first place so we want it that way. I can delete this campaign anytime with no effect to my original campaigns either. My question is, if I decide to utilize it permanently instead, can I merge it with a legacy campaign.

Best,

Angelo