AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Merchant Center - Adwords changes

mjb
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
mjb
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Could someone please clarify whether from March onwards in the UK any products put in the Merchant Center have to have a link to an Adwords Campaign or is this only an option??

I have several clients who do not wish to place Adwords as in the past this has proved to be a very expensive approach but the Merchant Center as is at present has been far more successful!

regards

Martin Bartlett

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Merchant Center - Adwords changes

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello, Martin.

All the information you need is here: http://adwords.blogspot.ro/2013/02/google-shopping-global-transition-is.html

It is already working like this in the US, and indeed, shopping results will no longer be free. Appearing under that section will be conditioned by the existence of an AdWords account and a Product Listing Ads campaign.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

I haven't seen or heard anything like this. I can't see this being true either. Like your clients, not everyone wants to pay, Google would see a big decline in the number orf products listed as I beleive a small percentage use Adwords.

If they want to make their SHopping feature redundant and lose all their inventory then forcing everyone to use Adwords would be the best way to go about it.

If anyone knows any different though I would like to hear as this is just speculation.

Ryan.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I would like to know the answer to this as well. Also, if a client has multiple data feeds in multiple merchant accounts would there be any problems if they all used the one Adwords account?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello, Martin.

All the information you need is here: http://adwords.blogspot.ro/2013/02/google-shopping-global-transition-is.html

It is already working like this in the US, and indeed, shopping results will no longer be free. Appearing under that section will be conditioned by the existence of an AdWords account and a Product Listing Ads campaign.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.