AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Mcc

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

I am planning to open my advertising agency and manage it through an mcc account.

1) I want the clients to fund those accounts through me, shall I use the company credit card
2) does the billing info can be same for all accounts
3) let's say a person pays a certain amount to me so do I need to give him the invoice or not?

Can anyone help with any startup best practices for this
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mcc

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi there,

The answer to most of your queries is, "if you want, it's up to you". However here's my guidance on each specific query:

1. You can fund your accounts (on behalf of the clilent) in a variety of pre-pay and post-pay options. This is self-explanatory once you commence the billing set up for each individual account, but yes, a credt card would work (your company's, in this case) as a post-pay option.

2. Yes it can - and if you spend enough combined over time, Google may even allow you to switch on to invoicing terms for all of your accounts combined. i.e. no credit cards and you pay for them all at once, post-pay. In the meantime you can still use the same credit card on all accounts, though I strongly recommend you have at least one back up credit card in case something happens with your primary card and then payments bounce, causing ads to go offline.

3. Generally if any client is going to pay you any amount of money, they'll expect an invoice from you as a business, yes. In fact, you need to invoice them in order to tell them how much they need to pay you, right? So it's best practice to do so all round.

I speak from experience of running an agency with several hundred accounts in similar scenarios, so I've seen pretty much all upsides and downsides to the various options here.

I trust this helps you as a starting point - let me know if you need anything else.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Well... One comment here about this practice;

If one of the accounts is suspended (for any reason)  - you might put at risk  with all  other accounts, even if they are perfectly fine... Try, then,  to explain Google that you  your own CC is used for all accounts. Smiley Surprised

If you wish to use this method (i.e. Charging  the clients yourself) - use consolidated billing

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much both of you...
Also, my question about invoicing is that say a client pays me 4000 out of which 1000 is for me then google will create an invoice after a month for 3000...since from this amount it will deduct taxes then how do I give an invoice for 4000...shall I do it on my own or give him to separate invoices

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

You'll have to check with your accountant  on this.  Remember that Google has a number of subsidiaries which issue the invoices (e.g. Invoices in Europe are issued by Google Ireland LTD). Thus, taxes involved are subject to the local tax structure / tax liabilities in your country. You must consult on this with an accountant.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’