AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

May i know being a Adwords certified professional what would be our professional qualification?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

For Example the graduates who want to become charted accountants will study towards an ACA or ICEAW qualification as a Result most professional qualifications are accredited by professional bodies. What about us,we are already Certified Adwords professional and what is our professional Qualification please Let me know

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bhanumurthy G
December 2016

May i know being a Adwords certified professional what would be our professional qualification?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Bhanumurthy G,

As Shanee stated, becoming a badged partner is a natural flow with a professional. Being badged requires a verified performance with AdWords, including managing a healthy budget for clients, and working smartly for businesses. A badged Google Partner cannot earn it without a direct, professional relationship with Google regarding successful AdWords operations for third parties. This is a great distinction from someone that is certified in AdWords, who has no validation from Google that they actually know how to use AdWords in the wild (book smarts -v- street smarts -v- both). I am a badged Google Partner and Shanee is a badged Premier Google Partner, and we have been colleagues with the Google Partners system for many years now.  

Anyone that has taken the AdWords or Analytics exam have a Google Partners account but they are not Google Partners and cannot claim to be. There are much more requirements to make such a claim.

If we go a little further, when someone passes AdWords exams and becomes certified, it does not mean they have actually operated AdWords or that they have any current clients (or any ever) to satisfy, or that they have any real life experience with AdWords. And many do not clearly state how they are certified in AdWords or by what products. There are actually six certifications for AdWords and one for Analytics. Someone cannnot actually claim to be a certified AdWords professional if they have not passed the fundamentals exam plus one other AdWords exam. 

Your AdWords certifications demonstrate that you're a certified online advertising professional. Here's what you can say to current and prospective clients about this recognition:

• Your AdWords certification recognizes that you're a certified online advertising professional.
  • You received this accreditation after successfully passing the AdWords Fundamentals exam and either the Search Advertising, Display Advertising, Mobile Advertising, Video Advertising, or Shopping Advertising exam administered by Google Partners.

Here are some additional guidelines about communicating your certification:

• You may only refer to yourself as certified if you, personally, have passed the certification exams. It's not enough for a co-worker to be certified or for your agency to be badged.
  • You can refer to yourself as "certified" as long as your certification remains in effect. After the expiration date, you won't be able to refer to yourself as "certified" until you pass the exams again.
  • You're allowed to mention your certification on your resume, business cards, LinkedIn profile, and other social media profiles. Keep in mind that Google Partners logos can only be used in accordance with our usage guidelines.

The difference between AdWords certifications and the Partner badge

• Individuals get certified. Any member of Partners can earn an AdWords certification. As a certified professional, you can demonstrate your achievement with a personalized certificate issued by Google.
  • Agencies get badged and earn specializations. An agency that meets the requirements for Partner status will earn the Google Partner or Premier Google Partner badge and be allowed to promote itself as a "Google Partner." Note that an agency doesn't become a "Google Partner" simply by joining the program.
    • Company specializations recognize agencies that accomplish the following:
      • Earn the Google Partner badge or the Premier Google Partner badge
      • Have at least one certified affiliated person in an AdWords product area
      • Demonstrate increased product performance and expertise in that product area, including:
        • Search advertising
        • Mobile advertising
        • Video advertising
        • Display advertising
        • Shopping advertising
      • Have a minimum of $10,000 90-day AdWords spend in their certified product area

From here, you could work to own your own advertising agency or become a consultant to others, or simply operate AdWords for other agencies as a free agent or contact worker. You could also build yourself into other areas of digital marketing, website design or creatives in print, radio or TV. Some even lean heavy in graphic design. I do all of this, which is another option you could go, too. Doing all of this is not ideal for most, so I would caution that I have layered all of this in during my 25+ year career. Where you go will depend on your personal desires, talents, goals and aspirations... and how many hours you like/want to work each week. 

I hope this helps you in your unique journey building your career. You can learn more here

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The goal would be to become a badged Google partner.  And, then possibly a Premier Partner.

https://www.google.com/partners

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bhanumurthy G
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Bhanumurthy G,

As Shanee stated, becoming a badged partner is a natural flow with a professional. Being badged requires a verified performance with AdWords, including managing a healthy budget for clients, and working smartly for businesses. A badged Google Partner cannot earn it without a direct, professional relationship with Google regarding successful AdWords operations for third parties. This is a great distinction from someone that is certified in AdWords, who has no validation from Google that they actually know how to use AdWords in the wild (book smarts -v- street smarts -v- both). I am a badged Google Partner and Shanee is a badged Premier Google Partner, and we have been colleagues with the Google Partners system for many years now.  

Anyone that has taken the AdWords or Analytics exam have a Google Partners account but they are not Google Partners and cannot claim to be. There are much more requirements to make such a claim.

If we go a little further, when someone passes AdWords exams and becomes certified, it does not mean they have actually operated AdWords or that they have any current clients (or any ever) to satisfy, or that they have any real life experience with AdWords. And many do not clearly state how they are certified in AdWords or by what products. There are actually six certifications for AdWords and one for Analytics. Someone cannnot actually claim to be a certified AdWords professional if they have not passed the fundamentals exam plus one other AdWords exam. 

Your AdWords certifications demonstrate that you're a certified online advertising professional. Here's what you can say to current and prospective clients about this recognition:

• Your AdWords certification recognizes that you're a certified online advertising professional.
  • You received this accreditation after successfully passing the AdWords Fundamentals exam and either the Search Advertising, Display Advertising, Mobile Advertising, Video Advertising, or Shopping Advertising exam administered by Google Partners.

Here are some additional guidelines about communicating your certification:

• You may only refer to yourself as certified if you, personally, have passed the certification exams. It's not enough for a co-worker to be certified or for your agency to be badged.
  • You can refer to yourself as "certified" as long as your certification remains in effect. After the expiration date, you won't be able to refer to yourself as "certified" until you pass the exams again.
  • You're allowed to mention your certification on your resume, business cards, LinkedIn profile, and other social media profiles. Keep in mind that Google Partners logos can only be used in accordance with our usage guidelines.

The difference between AdWords certifications and the Partner badge

• Individuals get certified. Any member of Partners can earn an AdWords certification. As a certified professional, you can demonstrate your achievement with a personalized certificate issued by Google.
  • Agencies get badged and earn specializations. An agency that meets the requirements for Partner status will earn the Google Partner or Premier Google Partner badge and be allowed to promote itself as a "Google Partner." Note that an agency doesn't become a "Google Partner" simply by joining the program.
    • Company specializations recognize agencies that accomplish the following:
      • Earn the Google Partner badge or the Premier Google Partner badge
      • Have at least one certified affiliated person in an AdWords product area
      • Demonstrate increased product performance and expertise in that product area, including:
        • Search advertising
        • Mobile advertising
        • Video advertising
        • Display advertising
        • Shopping advertising
      • Have a minimum of $10,000 90-day AdWords spend in their certified product area

From here, you could work to own your own advertising agency or become a consultant to others, or simply operate AdWords for other agencies as a free agent or contact worker. You could also build yourself into other areas of digital marketing, website design or creatives in print, radio or TV. Some even lean heavy in graphic design. I do all of this, which is another option you could go, too. Doing all of this is not ideal for most, so I would caution that I have layered all of this in during my 25+ year career. Where you go will depend on your personal desires, talents, goals and aspirations... and how many hours you like/want to work each week. 

I hope this helps you in your unique journey building your career. You can learn more here

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi James

The extra ordinary feet of response with detailed n precise information. 

Bundle of thanks for Shanee too

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Bhanumurthy G,

You are very welcome. Keep exploring and learning!

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Clemens,

I appreciate if you can extend the support in this regards Google Partners in getting a badge, and i have an MCC account and if i manage the AdWords account for the Ad Grants will this be considered as a spend for partners and how can i become the admin of the partners company profile.

Best

Bhanu.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

HI @Bhanumurthy G,

One you meet the certification requirements through AdWords testing, you then need to manage at least $10,000 USD in spend that is within your AdWords Manager Account (old name: My Client Center/MCC). This has to happen for at least 12 months with the company profile with Google Partners.

You will need two Google Partners' accounts:

Google Partners Portal - Individual account 

Google Partners Portal - Company account (manages badged requirements and users)

This information will go over in detail what is needed to create and manage a AdWords Manager Account for the Google Partners system. 

It will explain:

With that said, Google Ad Grant spend is not used for the badged Google Partner requirements. It has to be actual paid AdWords accounts. There is some more information you may like here. And if you look in the side bar menu to your left (on a computer, not a phone), you will see the Google Partners community. You can roam around there and read lots more on the Google Partners system.

Kind Regards,

James