AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Maximum number of labels?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

2 questions concerning AdWords limits:

• What is the maximum number of labels that may be created in an account?
  • Is there a maximum number of entities (keywords) that can be assigned to one label?

Thanks,

Andreas

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Maximum number of labels?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Andreas,

I dont think there is a specific limit for usage of labels like for other components. I checked support page limitation page and couldn't find anything

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704396?hl=en

Have you face a situation that you cant add anymore labels to the account because the limit is exceeded?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Nisal L: Have you face a situation that you cant add anymore labels to the account because the limit is exceeded?

I just had the idea of an AdWords script that will add a new label every day. I didn't find anything about it, either. I just wanted to be sure before starting with the code.

On an inofficial AdWords Script site, I found a public script that works similiar to mine concerning labels. So I guess you are right and there is no limit. At least I hope so ;-)

Thanks,
Andreas

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Yes I think it should be okay. Even I am running quite few scripts which use lables. But most them just re-write the label which wouldn't increase the number of labels.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Andreas M I think it's highly unlikely that there's no limit at all to how many Labels you can use, so you may want to consider adding something to your script that allows for Labels to be removed or changed to a single "old" version over time.  For example, I use a script that Labels Keywords and Ads with their date of first use but the script will remove any Labels older than 3 months and replace them with a single Label called "3+ months" so the total number never gets too high.

I'll try and find out if there's a limit and what it is.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi All,

Thanks @Jon_Gritton for reaching out!

Here are some limits that will address the questions on this thread:

• The maximum limit of labels per account, is 200 labels per account.
  • The maximum number of accounts a single label can be applied to is 1000.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is this still valid? We have an account with alot more individual labels than 200. Would you say that is an error in adwords is has the limitation been increased?

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
Hi Shanazari,
To confirm, its 200 labels that can be applied up to 1000 times each. So in theory you could have 200,000 labels!

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just tested this and manually created 203 different labels in 1 account. I then applied each unique label to 203 different campaigns in the account with no issues. The information above is incorrect.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Some clarification would help here. Getting conflicting comments.