AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Maximum Amount Of Ads For 1 Video Campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yesterday I was able to create 23 ads for 1 of my Video Campaigns.  I have been unable to edit or add new ads to this 1 video campaign; When I try I get a message that says:

You've reached the limit of the number of ads allowed per campaign. If you wish to create more ads, please create a new video campaign.
So, my question is, what is the maximum amount of ads I can add to 1 video campaign?  I have removed all but 8 ads and I STILL cannot edit or ad new ads to my 1 video campaign.

Thanks,
James Limborg
1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Maximum Amount Of Ads For 1 Video Campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nobody answered my question here, so I will mentioned that I was told by Google support that the maximum amount of Video Ads you can create for one Video Campaign is 40 video ads; However, I was only able to create 10 Video Ads! So I am not sure why Google Support told me I could create 40 Video Ads for 1 Video Campaign.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JamesLimborg
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

To fix this problem, you will need to do some work.  You will need to delete all of your video ad campaigns and then re-create them all.  The problem is, everytime you create a Video-Ad in the Video Campaign section of Google Adwords it counts as 1 video-ad (regardless if you delete it or not).  Eventually you will reach the maximum limit (say 20 or 50, I don't know what that limit is, I forget).  So for example, if you make 10 video-ads and then delete all 10 and make 10 new video-ads, it counts as 20 video-ads total that you have made.  And if the maximum allowed is 25 video-ads, then you will no longer be able to make video-ads when you have reached that limit.  So you need to delete that video-campaign, and then re-create it with new video-ads and start all over.  So what I did was... I created 16 Video Campaigns (rather than having 1 video campaign) and made 10 video ads for each video campaign.  I delete the video-ads that do not do well and then create new video-ads to replace the ones I deleted; Eventually I will reach the limit of video ads again and I will have to delete that video campaign and re-create it so I reset the amount of video-ads I can have for that campaign.  It's a lot of extra work, but it fixes the problem.  This problem exists because Google wants to save all of your video campaign information; So when it saves your video-ads, even the ones you delete count as having them!  I have drastically increased my visits/views by creating multiple video-campaigns versus using just one video-campaign.  I use to have all (3,000+) keyword phrases assigned to one video-campaign; But I went through all of those 3,000+ keyword phrases and separated them into categories (Example: Guitar Amps, Guitar Parts & Supplies, Guitar Effects Processors, etc.) and made a video-campaign for each of the different categories; And made 10 video-ads for each video-campaign.  Then I delete the video-ads that do not perform well, and create new video-ads to replace the video-ads that did not perform well.  Eventually I will once again reach the LIMIT of video-ads and will have to re-create my video-campaign/s.  It doesn't take too long to re-create a video campaign if you copy and paste all of the keyword phrases at once.  I save all of my keyword phrases in an Excel spreadsheet.  I have the category titles along the top, and the keyword phrases below each category.  Then I can easily copy and paste the keyword phrases from each category from Excel into a new Google Adwords Video-Campaign.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@JamesLimborg ;

Has Google confirmed that?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Limits of AdWords campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello James Limborg, and welcome to AdWords community;

What type of ads did you creat? Are those text ads?

Look at the following limits per account, and check if you fit into "50 active text ads per ad group"

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Limits of AdWords campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had 23 text ads (for 1 of my campaigns in my Google Video Campaign section); I removed 20 of my text ads, so now I have 3 text ads.  I still get this problem... When I try to edit 1 of those 3 text ads, or try and create a new text ad, after editing an ad or entering all the information to create a new text ad... when I click SAVE at the bottom, at the top I get this error message:

You've reached the limit of the number of ads allowed per campaign. If you wish to create more ads, please create a new video campaign.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nobody answered my question here, so I will mentioned that I was told by Google support that the maximum amount of Video Ads you can create for one Video Campaign is 40 video ads; However, I was only able to create 10 Video Ads! So I am not sure why Google Support told me I could create 40 Video Ads for 1 Video Campaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just ran into this also. I've got lots of video ads. Lots. This is what I get when I try to ad a video ad or even edit an existing ad:

"You've reached the limit of the number of ads allowed per customer".

The actual display of this error message is buggy, I strangely need to scroll around on the page to make it appear. 

But I believe what I read. It's just that I can't find it documented anywhere how many video ads are allowed per account....

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

To fix this problem, you will need to do some work.  You will need to delete all of your video ad campaigns and then re-create them all.  The problem is, everytime you create a Video-Ad in the Video Campaign section of Google Adwords it counts as 1 video-ad (regardless if you delete it or not).  Eventually you will reach the maximum limit (say 20 or 50, I don't know what that limit is, I forget).  So for example, if you make 10 video-ads and then delete all 10 and make 10 new video-ads, it counts as 20 video-ads total that you have made.  And if the maximum allowed is 25 video-ads, then you will no longer be able to make video-ads when you have reached that limit.  So you need to delete that video-campaign, and then re-create it with new video-ads and start all over.  So what I did was... I created 16 Video Campaigns (rather than having 1 video campaign) and made 10 video ads for each video campaign.  I delete the video-ads that do not do well and then create new video-ads to replace the ones I deleted; Eventually I will reach the limit of video ads again and I will have to delete that video campaign and re-create it so I reset the amount of video-ads I can have for that campaign.  It's a lot of extra work, but it fixes the problem.  This problem exists because Google wants to save all of your video campaign information; So when it saves your video-ads, even the ones you delete count as having them!  I have drastically increased my visits/views by creating multiple video-campaigns versus using just one video-campaign.  I use to have all (3,000+) keyword phrases assigned to one video-campaign; But I went through all of those 3,000+ keyword phrases and separated them into categories (Example: Guitar Amps, Guitar Parts & Supplies, Guitar Effects Processors, etc.) and made a video-campaign for each of the different categories; And made 10 video-ads for each video-campaign.  Then I delete the video-ads that do not perform well, and create new video-ads to replace the video-ads that did not perform well.  Eventually I will once again reach the LIMIT of video-ads and will have to re-create my video-campaign/s.  It doesn't take too long to re-create a video campaign if you copy and paste all of the keyword phrases at once.  I save all of my keyword phrases in an Excel spreadsheet.  I have the category titles along the top, and the keyword phrases below each category.  Then I can easily copy and paste the keyword phrases from each category from Excel into a new Google Adwords Video-Campaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am having this same issue, and this seems like a lot of work considering all the hours I've put into this thing since the upgrade to "enhanced" campaigns. Is it possible to copy the campaigns and the target group...then just copy over the ads from the original campaign that is showing the error? Ugh. This is very heartbreaking.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@JamesLimborg ;

Has Google confirmed that?