AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Maximize conversion bidding strategy - Minimum conversions needed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Community!

I'm excited to test out this new bid strategy, but I'm wondering: Is theres a minimum number of conversions needed in a timeframe for it to work properly? I know with Marin, Doubleclick and Kenshoo for conversion based bidding strategies to work you need a certain threshold of conversions in the past 10 or 30 days. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dyana Q
June 2017

Re: Maximize conversion bidding strategy - Minimum conversions needed?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dyana Q,

In regard to your campaign, this is what you can expect on switching the bid strategy.

Capture0jun01b.JPG

Under average scenarios, the learning period could be a bit more than a week. Please be prepared to suffer some temporary losses during this period of time. The good news is that it typically works out fine after it.

Best, 

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dyana Q
June 2017

Re: Maximize conversion bidding strategy - Minimum conversions needed?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dyana Q,

In regard to your campaign, this is what you can expect on switching the bid strategy.

Capture0jun01b.JPG

Under average scenarios, the learning period could be a bit more than a week. Please be prepared to suffer some temporary losses during this period of time. The good news is that it typically works out fine after it.

Best, 

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Without getting into too much statistics, my recommendation for the machine learning  to be reliable, make sure you gain  at least 3 times the minimum: 90-100 conversions.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

The difference between maximize conversions and target CPA or ROAS bidding seems to be that cost per conversion is not a concern with maximize conversions. So, No... If you have no conversion volume, max conversions will try to find you some/any conversions within your budget. If you do have conversion volume for the campaign, and you want to optimize your CPA, then target CPA or target ROAS would be the better option.

Not all clicks are good clicks. When using maximize clicks, Google tries to get you the most clicks, regardless of cpc, or whether those clicks have any value or not. Maximize conversions would seem to work the same way. Get the most conversions of any kind, regardless of the CPA. "Maximize" settings don't rely on history the way "optimize" settings do.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Dyana Q,

We tried maximize conversions bid strategy for few of our clients since last 4 days. So far no conversions happened and CPC have gone up very high. But i am sure it's in learning phase, so i expect it to give the results after 7-10 days. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kunal,

I am interested in knowing how the maximize conversions worked out for you after the learning period. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Kunal!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I too would be very interested in knowing what the results were.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Kunal J

I am very much interested to know the results. Do share your learnings.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also recently switched to Maximize Conversions bidding strategy although I usually get about 5-10 conversions per month, not a huge volume to do learning for the machine, I assume. Nevertheless, I'm eager to see if my conversions will increase with this method. I switched it about 4 days ago, so far no positive results. I'll give it some time and can report my insights here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have to say prior to this new bidding scheme from Google, having switched to conversion maximization about 3 months ago, it wasn't better or worse, I just noticed it was more consistent. Quality of lead didn't seem to suffer much either but that is more up to your landing page than anything else.