AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Maximize Clicks - Target Spend

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I use Maximize Clicks(target spend) to limit the budget being spent by one particular Ad Group in my campaign?

For example: If I have two Ad Groups: Ad Group 1 and Ad Group 2. I have a budget of 100 dollars.  Ad Group 1 is my primary campaign and I want to spend most of my budget for this Ad Group. I also want to run Ad Group 2 but it's been eating away a lot more budget than Ad Group 1. Can I use Flexible Bid Strategy, Maximize Clicks with a Target Spend of 10 Dollars for Ad Group 2 to limit it from spending more than the Ad Group 1. Will the budget being spent on Ad Group 2 limit to 10 dollars plus budget that is not being used by my Ad Group 1 anymore or will it still tear into the budget being spent by my Ad Group 1 beyond 10 dollars and the left over budget.

PS: I know I can create a new campaign to limit the budget but I really want to know if I can use this method as well?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Maximize Clicks - Target Spend

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Vipul,

Welcome to the Community!

Using a flexible bid strategy (maximize clicks in this case) with a target spend amount would mean, that part of the budget ($10 in this case) would be used to maximize clicks. It wouldn't help in restricting the ad group spend, as daily budget is common to all ad groups in the campaign and is divided based on actual performance. Hence, ads from the ad group would still serve if there's budget remaining for the day even after the ad group consumes $10. I'm sure you would have done your research, but I'd suggest reading the 'Maximize clicks example' explained here.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: Maximize Clicks - Target Spend

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Perhaps your best option would be to select your campaign and copy/paste to duplicate it. Then delete one ad group from each copy. Now you have each ad group in its own campaign and you can simply allocate the amount of budget you want to each.... would that work for you?