AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Maximise clicks not bringing any traffic at all!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One of my campaigns is not receiving any traffic after applying the bid strategy of maximizing clicks;.  Anyone facing something similar? I have set up a good daily budget as well. Its been over a week since I applied this strategy and before this my website was receiving good traffic through adwords/

Thank you!

Shalini

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shalini K
September 2015

Re: Maximise clicks not bringing any traffic at all!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Shalini,

First of all did you check and compare how much traffic has declined when you were not using this flexible bid strategy for that particular campaign?

Also, the drop in traffic could be due to the settings you have applied for this Maximize clicks flexible bid strategy option i.e. CPC bid limit and Target Spend option. 

Also note that this is one of the basic flexible bid strategy where AdWords is going to automatically set and adjust your bidding during the ad auction process. I would also suggest you to give it some more time till you see traffic increasing from this particular campaign.

In case you are more comfortable and have time to manage the campaigns on your own, you could explore other versions of Flexible Bidding strategy to gain more control over your campaigns.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shalini K
September 2015

Re: Maximise clicks not bringing any traffic at all!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Shalini,

First of all did you check and compare how much traffic has declined when you were not using this flexible bid strategy for that particular campaign?

Also, the drop in traffic could be due to the settings you have applied for this Maximize clicks flexible bid strategy option i.e. CPC bid limit and Target Spend option. 

Also note that this is one of the basic flexible bid strategy where AdWords is going to automatically set and adjust your bidding during the ad auction process. I would also suggest you to give it some more time till you see traffic increasing from this particular campaign.

In case you are more comfortable and have time to manage the campaigns on your own, you could explore other versions of Flexible Bidding strategy to gain more control over your campaigns.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj