AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Match specific Keywords to an ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Is it possible to match specific keywords in an adgroup to specific ads in that adgroup?

So say for example you have a list of 100 keywords in an adgroup called "Mountain Bikes" and for that adgroup you have 4 or 5 ads which are themed "Best Mountain Bikes".  However say you want to be more granular than that within the adgroup itself, so can you match 10 of the keywords which relate to a brand of mountain bikes to a specific ad, BUT within the same adgroup?  So only those 10 keywords will trigger a specific ad in that adgroup?

This is instead of actuall having to create separate adgroups to achieve the same thing.

Any advice much appreciated.

Brainohare.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Match specific Keywords to an ad

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HI Brian,

You can 'try' to achieve this with Dynamic Keyword Insertion (DKI)  - as in the DKI will allow the keyword from your account that triggered the ads to be shown top be dynamically inserted into your ad copy getting you closer to that effect you are looking for.  More on DKI http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=74992

Personally thought I would just create the individual adgroups to make sure things work the way you intend becuase DKI can not always give you the results you are looking for.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HI Brian,

You can 'try' to achieve this with Dynamic Keyword Insertion (DKI)  - as in the DKI will allow the keyword from your account that triggered the ads to be shown top be dynamically inserted into your ad copy getting you closer to that effect you are looking for.  More on DKI http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=74992

Personally thought I would just create the individual adgroups to make sure things work the way you intend becuase DKI can not always give you the results you are looking for.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kim,

The Dynmaically generated ad text is a cool way to do it - glad you brought that to my attention Smiley Happy  But I think you are right, creating an actual adgroup would be a much better way to keep things under control.

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards

Brian