AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Manually excluding in-video overlay ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to exclude in-video overlay ads manually from our own website (when embedded) & on our own YouTube channel? We are currently paying for these per click, but feel it's tacky having them on our videos that are embedded in our video gallery and on our own YouTube channel. If not, we would like to suggest YouTube adds this feature. Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Manually excluding in-video overlay ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Steve,

You would have better luck with this question on the YouTube forum. I took a quick look at the YouTube player and there does not seem to be an option for that.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

As overlays are made within "AdWords for Video" I think it´s relevant here.
Unfortunately I don´t have an answer, but would need one - did you find any Steve?

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 4
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steve, 

What you refer to as in-video overlay ads are actually your own call to action overlays that you implemented in AdWords for video.

You can do two things:
  1. Go to AdWords for video in your campaign. Click on the video tab and then click again on call to action overlay at the bottom of the video description and remove it. Please note that this will remove the call to action overlay everywhere.
  2. Alternatively, you can go to the Video Manager on YouTube. Click on 'Edit', go to the call-to-action overlay tab and erase your call to action overlay.
Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Zee
G+

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zee

What if one opt-out ad for "display network", would that help? (after all, an embedded video is a video on the GDN, isn´t it?