AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Manged placement Target and bid or Bid only

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Display network campaign with the Adgroup targeting managed placements with Target & Bid option. I wanted to add another targeting "Topics" .My requirement here is this topic targeting should not narrow my managed placements . My Topic targeting should be independent it should  additionally target websites topic wise not interfering my management placements in anyways.

In such scenario advice which bid method works

Managed placements - Target and bid

+

Topic - Target and bid

or

Topic - Bid only

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Analytics M
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

The 2nd.

Bid only means the Boolean  OR condition applies while target and bid means the Boolean  AND condition applies.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

What is exactly Bid Only and Target?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Display network campaign with the Adgroup targeting managed placements with Target & Bid option. I wanted to add another targeting "Topics" .My requirement here is this topic targeting should not narrow my managed placements . My Topic targeting should be independent it should  additionally target websites topic wise not interfering my management placements in anyways.

In such scenario advice which bid method works

Managed placements - Target and bid

+

Topic - Target and bid

or

Topic - Bid only

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

My Topic targeting should be independent it should  additionally target websites topic wise not interfering my management placements in anyways.

With "bid only" the OR condition applies.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Hello,

with target and bid, that would mean both conditions - placement and topic are required to show your ad - so with this scenario you are narrowing your targeting. With bid only, only placements are required and you can set/increase/decrease bid for topics - in this scenario your targeting is the same, but you can bid differently for some topics within your placements.

Tomáš

Tomáš

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply.

I keep the managed placements in “Target & Bid” and Topics in “Bid only”.

let’s say I have 2 websites in managed placements

www.xyz.com , www.zyx.com (Target & Bid) and I add topics (Bid only) “News” “Sports” “politics” “Health”.

How will the ads be distributed?

Ads Display in Placement websites + all pages within the placements if it matches the topic.

or

Ads Display in Placement websites + all pages within the placements if it matches the topic + display all over the display network websites by matching the topic.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Analytics M
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

The 2nd.

Bid only means the Boolean  OR condition applies while target and bid means the Boolean  AND condition applies.